Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Any reports from COINEX, the British auctions and the following Kuenker auction?

I'm going through withdrawals again, and hoping I can live vicariously through others. One year, I must convince my wife to take a vacation in Jolly Ole coincident with COINEX. I have so many friends to see, and coins not to be able to afford. :#

How does one get a hater to stop hating?

I can be reached at evillageprowler@gmail.com

Comments

• Options
    RMWRMW Posts: 219 ✭✭✭
    edited September 27, 2017 2:30PM

I think I posted this before, but maybe in another forum. Got this at the St James Auction.

1811 18P Proof Bank Token, NGC Proof 66 Cameo.

• Options
    worldcoinguyworldcoinguy Posts: 2,999 ✭✭✭✭

I am not sure my wife's dream vacation involves anything related to coins. That might be a tough sell.

• Options

Even really good ones? :D

• Options
    ZoharZohar Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭✭✭

Kunker went very strong pretty much across the board.

• Options
    EVillageProwlerEVillageProwler Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Zohar said:
    Kunker went very strong pretty much across the board.

I just looked at my watch list, and the prices were largely far exceeding my expectations for the German States stuff. The four Italian States Oncia da 30 Tari pieces sold for big money and largely in line with the consignor's retail prices from NYINC 2017. No real bargains from my watch list lots, and only a very few that weren't seemingly at full retail (or more!).

How does one get a hater to stop hating?

I can be reached at evillageprowler@gmail.com

• Options
    TiborTibor Posts: 3,260 ✭✭✭✭✭

Placed bids on 2 German pieces and won 1. The better of the 2.

• Options
    BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

I attended Coinex on both Friday and the morning of Saturday. Fresh material really isn't on the bourse and the show seems to be smaller each of the last four years that I have attended.

I bought one one on the floor, a 1796-M MF Spain 1/2 Escudo, a very tough denomination.

I dropped a decent size order to PCGS on Saturday, grades posted for all submissions on Tuesday. Epic service!

• Options

Wow, that's fast with PCGS! I had the opposite experience this summer with NGC, over 7 weeks. I won't send submissions in the summer again.