Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

First new purchase in many months. Toned PR IHC

BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,297 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some may like. Some may not.
I like it. It arrives today. I overpaid, but am ok with that. I haven't purchased anything since before my mother got sick and died. I would like to think she would have liked this one (she liked that I collected coins as her mother, my grandmother, did as well).
Only slight tilt, in normal light, or sunlight, is required to see the tone. A lot of times, one needs more tilt/stronger light. Not this time.

1891 was proving elusive for me to find, nicely toned, for our set. It was also nice that somewhere in the ownership line, they already had a trueview for me.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

Comments

• Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,886 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sweet!!

• Options
    hchcoinhchcoin Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice

• Options
    ironmanl63ironmanl63 Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice coin!

• Options
    gtstanggtstang Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭✭✭

She's pretty!

• Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

I really like the color on that one - congrats! :+1:

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good looking coin.

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

I never post whenever all I have to say is; Great, or good pick up, or sweet, etc., etc. I'm making an exception to my rule here. I LIKE IT!!!!!!

• Options
    ldhairldhair Posts: 7,123 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pretty coin.

Larry

• Options
    RichieURichRichieURich Posts: 8,371 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry to hear of your Mother's passing.

This is a very nice 1891 toned proof Indian cent. 1891 is a somewhat difficult date to find with nice toning, so you did well to find one with so much color and so many colors. It took me a long time to find a nice 1891 with color for my set. So, congratulations!

An authorized PCGS dealer, and a contributor to the Red Book.

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,297 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you.
    Would love to see a photo of yours. I agree on the difficulty....I have been looking to fill this hole for more than a few years (without just paying a buttload for one)

@RichieURich said:
    Sorry to hear of your Mother's passing.

This is a very nice 1891 toned proof Indian cent. 1891 is a somewhat difficult date to find with nice toning, so you did well to find one with so much color and so many colors. It took me a long time to find a nice 1891 with color for my set. So, congratulations!

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    SkyManSkyMan Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice looking PR IHC.

• Options
    HadleydogHadleydog Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭

Very nice, and I'm sure it would have been approved by your mom. Deeply sorry for your loss.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice IHC Ron... Your IHC collection is like AuroraBorealis's Morgan collection... You each are assembling a colorful set of coins...Would be great to see a display of both together at some future point...Wayne does come down to shows occasionally...It could have a special show title 'Dollars to Cents Rainbow Display' ....Cheers, RickO

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,942 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very attractive toning. Excellent eye-appeal as a result.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,693 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice pick up!

• Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bochi,

That's sad news about your Mother, my condolences. I am sure it's very hard to deal but please hang in there the best that you can.

Gorgeous toner BTW.

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    kazkaz Posts: 9,067 ✭✭✭✭✭

I really like the look of that one! I'm sure your mother would have liked it, and I bet it brings a smile to your face when you rotate it under a light.

• Options
    AmazonXAmazonX Posts: 680 ✭✭✭✭

Very nice, I like it.

Sorry for your loss. I'm sure your mother would have liked it.

• Options
    air4mdcair4mdc Posts: 797 ✭✭✭✭

Beautiful toning on the reverse. Kind of reminds me of some beautiful sunsets my wife and I have watched together. My condolences on the passing of your mother. Good to hear that your back making coin purchases.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file