Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SUMMER...

DCWDCW Posts: 6,977 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 23, 2017 9:53AM in U.S. Coin Forum

Or at least I would like to hear about it!
With summer officially over, it's time to get back to coins. However, I thought it'd be neat to start a thread about what we've been up to in the warm weather months that are now behind us.
Post a picture and share a few thoughts about what outdoor interests you have enjoyed.

A few months ago, I bought a Hobie Tandem Island, which is a sea faring kayak/catamaran/ sailboat that is a whole lot of fun. My family is just small enough to take them all out in the bay, and we have had been a great time! Here is a photo snapped at sunset in late August.

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
"Coin collecting for outcasts..."

Comments

• Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 23, 2017 9:45AM

Wow, That is my Dream Boat or at least a Hobie Adventure Island.

Looks like a blast and I know they are fast.

I use a sail on my Hobie Outback and can only imagine how much nicer the Island series is.

My end of summer fish I caught in La Jolla last Sunday. 25 pound yellowtail in the open ocean.

• Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hopefully, @Justacommeman will post more photos taken at the beach!

• Options

So...
    Nobody did anything this summer worth sharing?

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia

• Options
    WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nobody wants to take pictures of me surfing even if I have surfed more this summer since 2006. But I took time to do a couple days of kayaking and fishing on the Delaware River.
    WS

Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Options
    DRUNNERDRUNNER Posts: 3,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

Superb reference to the Lois Duncan series of high school novels ???????????

Drunner

• Options

@DRUNNER said:
    Superb reference to the Lois Duncan series of high school novels ???????????

Drunner

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia

• Options

Kayaking Numismatists

Wow I never thought I would use that phase ..... who knew the two went together.

BTW: California Lobster season starts one week from today and the kayak is an excellent platform for nighttime exploration :o

• Options
    gonzergonzer Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭✭✭

For most Southern Californians summer is not a season per se but rather a state of mind.

• Options
    ChangeInHistoryChangeInHistory Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bought a house with this view.

So i spent a month or so of summer looking at this.

• Options
    WildIdeaWildIdea Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 24, 2017 6:35PM

I bought this 1965 Sealing Wax Red standard in May and have spent loads of time getting her road worthy. My 4th bus I've owned but my first split window. My wife noted I was obsessed working on this bus, but I said I promised her a date and was gonna come through. Been enjoying the fall weather with it and planning some intense fixes when the snow flies.

• Options
    ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

early morning walk along.....South Maui beach

• Options
    ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DCW said:
    Or at least I would like to hear about it!
    With summer officially over, it's time to get back to coins. However, I thought it'd be neat to start a thread about what we've been up to in the warm weather months that are now behind us.
    Post a picture and share a few thoughts about what outdoor interests you have enjoyed.

A few months ago, I bought a Hobie Tandem Island, which is a sea faring kayak/catamaran/ sailboat that is a whole lot of fun. My family is just small enough to take them all out in the bay, and we have had been a great time! Here is a photo snapped at sunset in late August.

it would be perfect in Hawaiian water....

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

It has been a busy, but relatively quiet summer....some shooting, some trekking, a little spelunking (not as much as in prior years)...Garlic Festival next week....fall colors are just starting....That is always a magnificent display here in the mountains...Cheers, RickO

• Options
    edited September 28, 2017 7:32AM

Now that autumn has arrived, I went out yesterday to shoot some fall colors from my kayak ......

• Options

Took the boat out today with a friend and a 12er of Dogfish 60min IPA. Good times while the weather stays warm

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia

• Options
    PipestonePetePipestonePete Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 29, 2017 2:18PM

A group of us made a 1200 mile round trip to Crete, Nebraska, for the total solar eclipse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaJMLAx24cM

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file