Home U.S. Coin Forum

1992 Lincoln Cent - Close AM

Hi guys, need help on these coins, can this be the notorious 1992 close AM Lincoln cent.

Comments

• FredWeinbergFredWeinberg Posts: 5,719 ✭✭✭✭✭

We'd need to see that 'AM'
    section of the coin in a photo.

Your two posted photos don't show
    'America' on the reverse.

Retired Collector & Dealer in Major Mint Error Coins & Currency since the 1960's.Co-Author of Whitman's "100 Greatest U.S. Mint Error Coins", and the Error Coin Encyclopedia, Vols., III & IV. Retired Authenticator for Major Mint Errors
    for PCGS. A 49+-Year PNG Member...A full numismatist since 1972, retired in 2022
  • ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,318 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't think so, the A and M should nearly be touching and the FG should be further from the base of the Lincoln Memorial. The picture makes it hard to tell what's going on. Can you post a straight on photo more in focus? It would be cool if you had one, but it's not looking like it.

Collector, occasional seller

• JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,805 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2, 2017 5:31PM

• JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,805 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2, 2017 5:30PM

My bad - I didn't click on the images,
    I just saw that they didn't show the
    area in question - I guess I was impatient.

sorry....

Retired Collector & Dealer in Major Mint Error Coins & Currency since the 1960's.Co-Author of Whitman's "100 Greatest U.S. Mint Error Coins", and the Error Coin Encyclopedia, Vols., III & IV. Retired Authenticator for Major Mint Errors
    for PCGS. A 49+-Year PNG Member...A full numismatist since 1972, retired in 2022
  • Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL. I did the same thing!

Thanks, that makes me feel better!

• stevebensteveben Posts: 4,595 ✭✭✭✭✭

it looks like the wide variety... judging by the G in FG.

• TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,831 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just can't tell, and you're not alone in your search for them. Love rare, like fresh meat. Welcome aboard

• DCWDCW Posts: 6,970 ✭✭✭✭✭

Normal coin. Keep looking...
    ...and looking.

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

It is not the close AM... jimnight posted the detailed examples..... Yours is standard... Cheers, RickO

• dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

This issue is one of the limited number of reasons these days to check your pocket change. It's the great seduction of the hobby for kids: looking through dad's change jar!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file