Home Metal Detecting

12 silvers today

pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 19, 2017 12:21PM in Metal Detecting

Decided to take off work today and hit silver beach. It didn't disappoint. Was there about 5 hours and ended with:
3 war nickels
3 mercs
2 silver roosevelts
1 barber dime
1926 standing liberty quarter
Sterling ID bracelet. It has a full name so maybe I will try to find the original owner.
Sterling religious pendant
19 wheat cents

Modern coins:
3 clad quarters
5 clad roosevelts
2 Jefferson nickels
17 Lincoln memorials

Guess silver beach is still alive. Most of these signals were very faint and iffy but it pays to investigate them on a beach.

Cleaned up slq

Comments

• Bayard1908Bayard1908 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭✭

Great finds, the usual heartbreaking condition from that site though. I've yet to find a Standing quarter.

• pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Beach that keeps on giving <3

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great silver haul....Let us know if you find the bracelet owner... always cool to return something like that... Cheers, RickO

• pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 19, 2017 5:44PM

It definitely is a quantity place rather than quality. The slq came out ok though. This was the better of the two sides for preservation. The other side tends to eat them pretty good

• TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great day!

Where are you?

NY hasn't been like this in ages

Frank

BHNC #203

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

For the amount of silver you have taken out of there, I continue to think it should be slowing down... but it does not... I wish you continued success there.... Cheers, RickO

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,411 ✭✭✭✭✭

thats a good day with silver

• 1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's posts like this that make me not want to read posts like this :smile:

Seriously though, great haul.
    "Your" silver beach never disappointing, keep searching :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• ZotZot Posts: 825 ✭✭✭

Congrats on outstanding finds once again!

That place is just amazing. Roughly how big is the total area you're detecting there?
    It boggles my mind how you keep getting such good hauls. Most "old beach" locations I go to cough up maybe 50% of their total in the first two or three trips, and after that it's a long tail of diminishing returns.
    I can usually squeeze out some extra by going very carefully and digging all the iffy stuff, but this doesn't tend to add up to very much. Certainly nowhere near the "tail end production" you keep getting!
    -Z

Minelab: GPX 5000, Excalibur II, Explorer SE. White's: MXT, PI Pro