Home U.S. Coin Forum

Peace dollars

YorkshiremanYorkshireman Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thinking about sticking my toe into the Peace dollar market to give me a distraction as I work on a dark side project of 8 Reales.

If you have some, please show me your favorite.

Yorkshireman,Obsessed collector of round, metallic pieces of history.Hunting for Latin American colonial portraits plus cool US & British coins.

Comments

• jerseycat101jerseycat101 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some of mine:

http://coins.bookac.com/#/Coins/

I have a bunch more I need to get imaged.

• silverpopsilverpop Posts: 6,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

my 1923 Peace dollar graded PCGS MS63

1997-present

• BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 18, 2017 12:34PM

Hey Lance. Nice one!

Well, I didn't exactly move on but I did sell my set several months ago. I hope the new owner is enjoying it. I cheated a little bit and kept a couple of my favorites.

I've only purchased one Peace dollar in the last month. :)

I'll post a few photos when I get home later tonight. For now, just a teaser (one of the coins I sold):

And my screen saver which was made from a beautiful coin Lance sold me:

• 1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,778 ✭✭✭✭✭

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• jerseycat101jerseycat101 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BryceM, that '24 was phenomenal. 67? 67+?

• CryptoCrypto Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 18, 2017 6:44PM

I have done a few sets of peace since coming back to coins. There are a couple cool varieties and ways to mix it up but they are just too easy. Here was a fun set I did for not a lot of money

https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/u-s-coins/peace-dollars-major-sets/peace-dollars-circulation-strikes-1921-1935/alltimeset/104419

And here are my fav varieties of large DDO with two different Rev dies/MMs

• ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am partial to this one. Currently in a small anacs 64 holder that failed to cross to PCGS. Also my avatar coin. It isn't the greatest or most expensive but I really like it.

Collector, occasional seller

• YorkshiremanYorkshireman Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice coins, BryceM!!

Yorkshireman,Obsessed collector of round, metallic pieces of history.Hunting for Latin American colonial portraits plus cool US & British coins.
  • SurfinxHISurfinxHI Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭✭✭

My distraction is Peace dollars that I have "made" from pawn shops or similar locations. Most common dates are in ms 64 now, but I also made a killer 1925 in 65. For $14, can't go wrong! It's a slowly growing work.

Dead people tell interesting tales.

@SurfinxHI said:
    My distraction is Peace dollars that I have "made" from pawn shops or similar locations. Most common dates are in ms 64 now, but I also made a killer 1925 in 65. For $14, can't go wrong! It's a slowly growing work.

What a neat idea!

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 19, 2017 5:30AM

Some truly beautiful Peace Dollars here.... It is a design I find quite attractive. I am looking for one, a specific date/condition... have been for quite a while.... Cheers, RickO

@giorgio11 said:

This one is sold now but I think you can all see why it was one of my all-time favorites. I think I bought it originally from John Agre/CRO, seller's pics. I nearly broke my arm reaching for the phone when I got one of his early-warning emails.

Kind regards,

George

George,
    Staggering coin!!
    Wish I seen her first.

• giorgio11giorgio11 Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yorkshireman me too, as I traded it to another dealer for his customer's want list, I would much rather have placed it with one of my customers! Be well.

Kind regards,

George

VDBCoins.com Our Registry Sets Many successful BSTs; pls ask.

I would have purchased that 1921 too. What a nice coin. Positive eye-appeal toning and a phenomenal strike. Cool.

• giorgio11giorgio11 Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BryceM exactly what I thought! Don't see many that well-struck.

Kind regards,

George

VDBCoins.com Our Registry Sets Many successful BSTs; pls ask.

While giorgio11's toned 1921 coin is stellar, please show us more!

• RogerBRogerB Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some very nice coins, there!

• lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,892 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RogerB said:
    Some very nice coins, there!

And who would know better? Everyone should own a copy of A Guide Book of Peace Dollars. Wonderful resource!
    https://amazon.com/dp/B008L76BSE/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?_encoding=UTF8&btkr=1

Lance.

• Peace_dollar88Peace_dollar88 Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭✭✭

• PhilLynottPhilLynott Posts: 887 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was very patient finding the right one for my type set, this one finally jumped out at me. Before buying this coin I wasn't a huge fan of the series but after getting it in hand and seeing the amazing luster and what these coins could be I became a huge fan and will eventually start a set. Seeing the coins in the thread here confirm that, some beautiful stuff everyone.

edited September 21, 2017 8:00AM

Beautiful coin for a type set! As you've discovered, typical Peace dollars are pretty nasty. Really nice ones are impressive!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file