Options

No glove? No love.

mt_mslamt_msla Posts: 815 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 11, 2017 12:11PM in U.S. Coin Forum

How do you ship your coins?

Insert witicism here. [ xxx ]

No glove? No love.

Sign in to vote!
This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.

Comments

• Options
    ModCrewmanModCrewman Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

I ship in a Priority Mail box with the packing arranged to keep the slab in the middle.

I am amazed at some of the slabs that made it to me without damage. Especially the ones that arrive in a simple envelope and nothing else.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    CoinlearnerCoinlearner Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭✭
    What is this? What am I doing here?

:# ...........For $10 or less coin. Use large envelope with bubble wrap 10-$200. Priority box above 200 :)

• Options
    Wabbit2313Wabbit2313 Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

Your choices do not cover what most do when they ship. Safetmailer for me. Then they go inside a box if it/they are expensive.

• Options
    PRECIOUSMENTALPRECIOUSMENTAL Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭

@1630Boston I remember that topic!

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,537 ✭✭✭✭✭

At least two layers of bubble wrap to make my package more than 3/4" thick. Have never had one damaged and have received many "overpacked" responses in feedback.
    bob :)

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    PokermandudePokermandude Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭

Slab inside a small bubble mailer, inside of a stiff cardboard mailer.

http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections
  • Options
    Wabbit2313Wabbit2313 Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

@AUandAG said:
    At least two layers of bubble wrap to make my package more than 3/4" thick. Have never had one damaged and have received many "overpacked" responses in feedback.
    bob :)

So your the guy. I was cussing out an eBay seller just last week. It took me 5 minutes to get all the crap off that he wrapped the coin in. I contemplated leaving a negative for lost time!

• Options
    CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭✭✭

I put the coin in a small bubble mailer. Then place the bubble mailer inside a Priority Mail box.

Never had a problem, but I don't ship that many single coins.

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

• Options
    Jackthecat1Jackthecat1 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭

I got an e-Bay feedback one time of 'nice coin but uses too much tape.'

Member ANS, ANA, GSNA, TNC

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've seen too much tape before :smile:
    It just adds to the anticipation [frustration] of getting to the goods inside :smile:
    It doesn't bother me

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,537 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here's last weeks comment: Very nice proof quarter. Highly over-packaged, though. Pleased with the quality.

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭

I put the slab in a penny sleeve, use bubble wrap and depending on the value I use a bubble envelope or a box.

Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
  • Options
    morgandollar1878morgandollar1878 Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wasn't too happy about the used McDonalds cup that the seller used for packaging not too long ago for a purchase.

Instagram: nomad_numismatics
  • Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Save a slab! Ship in a ziplock!

I certainly appreciate the time and effort that some put into shipping me my coins, but Damn, do I really need to waste 30 minutes opening a package, just to open another package, just to spend more time unwrapping a half roll of tape?

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,896 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 12, 2017 5:32AM

I use a bubble zip-lock sleeve to send out my wares, unless it is to CAC, then I ship 'em out in a Blue PCGS box with a thin layer of foam to prevent them from rattling enroute. Wrapped up in more bubble wrap.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Save a slab! Ship in a ziplock!

I voted for the ziploc...since no choice covered my method. I wrap the slab in bubble wrap, enough to make a very snug fit in a priority mail box, securely taped. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    SONOMOSCASONOMOSCA Posts: 399 ✭✭✭

Like this. I rarely sell, but when I do it's going to be secure.

BST transactions - Wondercoin, SNMAN , Mb423, Timbuk3
  • Options
    LRCTomLRCTom Posts: 857 ✭✭✭

I used to put them in Safe-T-Mailers, which is what I still do with coins in flips or 2x2s. But I had two instances where the s;abs in Safe-T-Mailers arrived at my customers damaged, by the Post Office's automatic machinery, I assume. I now put them in a box I buy in bulk from U-Line, with wadded up yellow pages protecting the slab within the box. I've had no problems with this method.

...Tom

LRC Numismatics eBay listings:
    http://stores.ebay.com/lrcnumismatics

• Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,698 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some stuff goes in Safe-T-Mailers™, wrapped in bubble wrap, put in a padded mailer. Other stuff in boxes of various sizes, packed with fill so that they're silent when shaken, with the seams taped up. Nothing inside the box has tape on it except for a slab box lid. Rubber bands only. I'm not a fan of putting a knife close to my or others' coins to extricate them from an over-zealous use of tape.

• Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was told that once or twice... :* No glove? No love.

Hoard the keys.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file