Home Precious Metals
Options

At what price would you buy War Nickels or 40% KH's ?

1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

War Nickels = ?

40% Kennedy Halves = ?

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

Comments

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,443 ✭✭✭✭✭

Face value. ;)

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭

No interest here!

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭

4 cents and 40 cents...

keceph `anah
  • Options
    tommy44tommy44 Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭✭✭

At $17.59 war nickels melt at $0.99 and 40% halves at $2.60.

Not really interested but would probably buy In quantity at 75% or 80% if that

it's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

• Options

@rawteam1
    I would definitely buy at that price also :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

• Options

@tommy44
    Your buy price [hypothetical] is what I was thinking of selling some for. :smile:
    We think alike..........................kind of scary :neutral:

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,997 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would always buy them at 10% below wholesale. You can flip them for a 10% profit. No law says you need to hold them for 50 years.

• Options

@jmlanzaf
    Yes, at this point in my life, 50 years would be tooooo long :smile:

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

Neither. My refinery will not take either one as the cost to get the silver out is more than the profit that can be had. Way too expensive to hoard. Do 90% dimes or such if a real limited budget.

bob

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    MorganMan94MorganMan94 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭✭✭

They aren't something I would actively go into a shop and ask about but probably 50-60 cents on the Jeffs and 1.50-1.75 on the Kennedys.

• Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,350 ✭✭✭✭✭

Highest buyer I know is at 77.6c e.

That's ACE with silver at $17.74

Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,850 ✭✭✭✭✭

What are there ? Like 16 coins if you're collecting both series.

• Options
    tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭

I'll sell silver on Craigs and local, but I can't give the war nickels away. Guess I'll put them up on ebay for what I can get. Tired of seeing them. I bought a bunch of 40% that look good but they are hard to move. If I ever get them again it would only be at a very reduced price. More bulk I just don't need.

COA
  • Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭

I won't buy them as they are difficult to move. People are more interested in 90% instead vs 35% & 40%

Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options

Thanks for the experienced input :smile:

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@tneig said:
    I'll sell silver on Craigs and local, but I can't give the war nickels away. Guess I'll put them up on ebay for what I can get. Tired of seeing them. I bought a bunch of 40% that look good but they are hard to move. If I ever get them again it would only be at a very reduced price. More bulk I just don't need.

You can net 90% on ebay especially during an ebay bucks promotion

• Options

Cheap, cheaper, and cheapest. Given those choices, I will take cheapest. And by golly, I'll buy them proudly.

• Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 13, 2017 8:35AM

@AUandAG said:
    Neither. My refinery will not take either one as the cost to get the silver out is more than the profit that can be had. Way too expensive to hoard. Do 90% dimes or such if a real limited budget.

bob

There must be some price at which it would be profitable to refine war nickels and 40 percent. Because they are so unpopular with stackers, I suspect that a higher percentage of these coins have been melted than the percentage of 90% silver.

I wouldn't be surprised if the 1944-S nickel is now scarcer than the 1950-D.

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Overdate said:

@AUandAG said:

bob

There must be some price at which it would be profitable to refine war nickels and 40 percent. Because they are so unpopular with stackers, I suspect that a higher percentage of these coins have been melted than the percentage of 90% silver.

I wouldn't be surprised if the 1944-S nickel is now scarcer than the 1950-D.

the refiners just bag them up and sell them out the back door , they are worth buying. If I had cash laying about I'd back up the truck at 60 cents each in volume and flip them on ebay

• Options

Thanks again for the info :smile:

• Options
    edited September 13, 2017 11:13AM

@rawteam1 said:
    4 cents and 40 cents...

beats coinstar... where they get rejected and/or $.45