Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Looking to get my box of 20 submitted for CAC. Anyone going to Long Beach show Sept 7 ~ 9th ???

robkoolrobkool Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm looking for someone who can help me submitted some rare graded coins to CAC. I plan on attending the Long Beach, CA Coin & Expo Show in Sept. Anyone can help ???
Thanks !!!

Comments

• Options

I can't help you with your request but I would be interested to know what you have in your box of 20, if that's not too personal of a question.

I have been looking into the Box of 20 concept and find it absolutely fascinating. I'm debating doing a Box of 20 but I can't find 20 coins I like so I'm thinking of doing a Box of 10 instead.

Jason

• Options

My box of 20 consist of a few early classic gold type, early capped bust halves, draped bust dollar, and some other misc registry type coins...

• Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,737 ✭✭✭✭✭

CAC does not attend or accept coins at shows. Therefore, would you need someone to physically take your coins back with them or someone to draw up all the paperwork and submit under their account?

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options

A box of 20 sounds like a good idea, I'm going to try it out myself.

• Options

Tom...
    I would meet them at the Long Beach Coin Expo between Wed ~ Sat. Bring the box of 20 with me at the show. Then have them do the paper work under their account, and then take the box of 20 with them to submit. Once they come back from CAC, then meet up again at the show, or somewhere locally in the LA/OC area.

• Options
    ColonelJessupColonelJessup Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭✭✭

@robkool said:
    Tom...
    I would meet them at the Long Beach Coin Expo between Wed ~ Sat. Bring the box of 20 with me at the show. Then have them do the paper work under their account, and then take the box of 20 with them to submit. Once they come back from CAC, then meet up again at the show, or somewhere locally in the LA/OC area.

@robkool said:
    I'm looking for someone who can help me submitted some rare graded coins to CAC. I plan on attending the Long Beach, CA Coin & Expo Show in Sept. Anyone can help ???
    Thanks !!!

PM sent.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Geo. Orwell
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting concept... submitting the entire box of 20. Now, if some do not sticker, will you then look to replace them? If you get some gold stickers, will you then resubmit them? (consistency of color you know ;) )... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    orevilleoreville Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭✭

Back in 2010 I submitted large red ntercept boxes of slabbed graded coins in person . 60 per box. .
    I would be scared to take on the responsibility of hand carrying some one' else's box of 20 rare coins through two airports and also driving them to CAC just to save them postage costs one way.

A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

No matter how hard I try, I cannot get below a box of 48. :smile:
    Congrats on sticking to a box of 20 :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't think you understand
    The coins need to be sent to CAC in NJ.
    CAC does not do on site work!
    Any local CAC dealers in you area may help you.
    Look on the CAC site for dealer info!

Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

• Options
    georgiacop50georgiacop50 Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭✭

Im guessing his concern may be that his box value exceeds $25K

• Options
    AnalystAnalyst Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭
    "In order to understand the scarce coins that you own or see, you must learn about coins that you cannot afford." -Me
  • Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,887 ✭✭✭✭✭

@robkool said:
    Thanks !!!

I won't be at LB. But if you send them to me I'll submit them to CAC for you at no profit to me.

I can shoot pix for you for a modest fee. I am pretty good with the camera and know a little about bust halves.
    Lance.

• Options

@georgiacop50 said:
    Im guessing his concern may be that his box value exceeds $25K

Very close to that estimate. One coin alone is almost 3k.

• Options

I just thought this would be a kool idea to do, and others can follow the same lead.

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1630Boston said:
    No matter how hard I try, I cannot get below a box of 48. :smile:
    Congrats on sticking to a box of 20 :smile:

I couldn't get down to a box of 500!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file