Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

the secret to good turnaround times at PCGS

chumleychumley Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭✭

just mailed a submisson on the 24th of august and got a call from them yesterday...the trick is to pay by check and make it out for less than you actually owe....

Comments

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

That will get their attention quick, but does it speed up their service???

• Options
    orevilleoreville Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

The little people are waiting for your answer!

A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • Options
    Wabbit2313Wabbit2313 Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

I all reality, it slowed it down. :)

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 30, 2017 2:23PM

Reminds me of the old days when I would "accidently" send the gas bill check to the electric company and vice-versa.

Well, at least you were notified that they were in the final stages when it's time to pay the piper.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    ldhairldhair Posts: 7,123 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fun thread. Never thought of looking at it that way.

Larry

• Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,376 ✭✭✭✭✭

@chumley said:
    just mailed a submisson on the 24th of august and got a call from them yesterday...the trick is to pay by check and make it out for less than you actually owe....

What is this "CHECK" you speak of???

I vagely remember my GrandFather speaking of such a thing but don't recall the details.

GrandAm :)
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭✭✭

@chumley said:

This angle works well with the IRS as well. :)

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

You likely got the attention of the WRONG department.... :D Accounting vs. grading...Cheers, RickO

• Options
    CascadeChrisCascadeChris Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭

@GRANDAM said:

@chumley said:

What is this "CHECK" you speak of???

I vagely remember my GrandFather speaking of such a thing but don't recall the details.

It's that thing you have to send to CAC for them to not sticker your coins.

The more you VAM..

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file