Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Looking for...

I am looking for on line dealers with strong Latin American inventory. Other than Atlas and CRO. Oh yes, and Worldnumismatics (they use to have a fantastic selection but lately have nothing). Any suggestions are appreciated.

Comments

• pruebaspruebas Posts: 4,302 ✭✭✭✭✭

World Numismatics does indeed have a fantastic selection, but you need to see them at a show. For some reason, they don't put most of it on the website.

Atlas and CRO, particularly the latter, don't have much numismatic Latin. They mostly carry what I euphemistically call "pretty trinkets."

Mike Dunigan has good Latin, especially gold and crowns. There are many smaller dealers, like Andy Lustig and a host of others, but most don't have commercial websites.

Much of the better stuff goes to auction no matter who has it.

Your best bet is to attend a good show and meet some of the dealers and see who has what. The USMex show in October would be a good start.

• MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,891 ✭✭✭✭✭

@pruebas said:

Your best bet is to attend a good show and meet some of the dealers and see who has what. The USMex show in October would be a good start.

OK, then I'll go.

Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,891 ✭✭✭✭✭

USMex is good. NYINC and ANA are even better.

Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • AbueloAbuelo Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭✭✭

@pruebas said:
    World Numismatics does indeed have a fantastic selection, but you need to see them at a show. For some reason, they don't put most of it on the website.

Thanks. They use to have 400+ coins up. Today, 74... But I am aware of auctions, Mike D, etc. Just looking for actual dealers who have an on line store.

• pruebaspruebas Posts: 4,302 ✭✭✭✭✭

Much of the "good stuff" of any dealer never makes their website. I contend if you only buy coins off websites, you will never have a real first-class collection. You need to scour shows, have personal contacts, talk with fellow collectors & dealers, as well as look at commercial websites (dealers and auctions).

• AbueloAbuelo Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭✭✭

@pruebas I do all that. Just wanted to figure out about dealers that, some times, have very interesting material.

• BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,841 ✭✭✭✭✭

@pruebas said:

Atlas and CRO, particularly the latter, don't have much numismatic Latin. They mostly carry what I euphemistically call "pretty trinkets."

Seems more like high end type pieces than pretty trinkets. You don't need to be derogatory.