Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

MEXICAN CHARLES IV (BUST OF CHARLES III) 8 REALES, (1789-1790) TRANSITIONAL SET

With the recent CRO EB I completed a cool little three coin set of transitional Charles IV 8 Reales with the legend of Charles III.

1789-MO 8R Charles IV portrait of Charles III

1790-MO Charles IV Portrait of Charles III

1790-MO Charles IIII Portrait of Charles III. Note the IIII vs. IV. Finest graded for the transitional of any date last I checked but that doesn't;t really mean too much with all of the ungraded coins. That said, I've never seen of a nicer coin for the date.

Comments

• Options
    bronzematbronzemat Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice set!

• Options
    AbueloAbuelo Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice!

• Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    coinhackcoinhack Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭✭

I have seen a lot of Charles IIII coins but not Charles IV. Very nice.

• Options
    YorkshiremanYorkshireman Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice

Yorkshireman,Obsessed collector of round, metallic pieces of history.Hunting for Latin American colonial portraits plus cool US & British coins.
  • Options
    BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,873 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like the 1789-MO Charles III @OriginalDan. We should have it added to the transitional set on the registry. I need to cross the new 1789 to PCGS. N55, looks like a P53.

• Options
    OriginalDanOriginalDan Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Boosibri said:
    I like the 1789-MO Charles III @OriginalDan. We should have it added to the transitional set on the registry. I need to cross the new 1789 to PCGS. N55, looks like a P53.

The problem is that it’s already part of the CIII set which also makes sense. Registry aside, my point was that when I think of the transitional coins the group seems incomplete without including the normal CIII.

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,694 ✭✭✭✭✭

Awesome!

• Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

@OriginalDan said:

@Boosibri said:

The problem is that it’s already part of the CIII set which also makes sense. Registry aside, my point was that when I think of the transitional coins the group seems incomplete without including the normal CIII.

It's a nice problem to have! Or your can always go with this little set :)

• Options
    OriginalDanOriginalDan Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TwoKopeiki said:

@OriginalDan said:

@Boosibri said:

Now we're talking! Only problem is that nice examples of these coins have totally dried up over the past few years.

• Options
    AbueloAbuelo Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TwoKopeiki said:

@OriginalDan said:

@Boosibri said:

Very nice set!

• Options
    PatARPatAR Posts: 347 ✭✭✭

Beautiful coins!

• Options
    MattTheRileyMattTheRiley Posts: 806 ✭✭✭✭

Just beautiful! Got any spares in PCGS AU grades you'd consider selling?

• Options
    BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,873 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MattTheRiley said:

Thanks! I already sold all but the MS62.

• Options
    MattTheRileyMattTheRiley Posts: 806 ✭✭✭✭

@Boosibri said:

@MattTheRiley said:

Thanks! I already sold all but the MS62.

Boo! lol

• Options
    fluffy155fluffy155 Posts: 230 ✭✭✭✭

Yep I bought that first 1790 from you... still one of my favorite portrait 8Rs!