Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

A picture is worth a 'thousand words' - you agree?

A picture of my dream of HADRIAN @ YORK

Not everything is for sale - we are the temporary keeper of a peices of history, we do it for future generations.
My passion is coins and the link to history + the dreams I have when I doze in a 'rocking chair' and dream whose hands and pockets has a specific coin been.

If only a coin could talk.

The Hadrian Britanicus, I dream of Hadrian speaking to the head of his Legions with the troops behind in the feilds outside York as he gave instructions to build Hadrians Wall some 2'000 years ago.

Whatever the age or period of creation

Petition Crown
The Worlds Most Prestigious and Valuable Silver Coin. Thomas Simon and two Kings of Numismatics together Petition Crown & 1804 $

Comments

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,896 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 22, 2017 11:49AM

Interesting coin, but it's in the wrong forum...this is the U.S. Coin Forum. The World and Ancient Coin Forum is a couple doors down.

https://forums.collectors.com/categories/world-ancient-coins-forum

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,603 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ah well, I'll join you in fantasizing. Imagine having these at your fingertips, drool bib required!

"Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"
  • Options
    RogerBRogerB Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great coin, but the background illustration is both distracting and does not show typical Legion Centuries.

• Options

Pont Taken - see new photo RogerB

Petition Crown
    The Worlds Most Prestigious and Valuable Silver Coin. Thomas Simon and two Kings of Numismatics together Petition Crown & 1804 $
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I do not see how anyone who collects old coins cannot, when holding/viewing them, think of history and through whose hands the coin may have passed. When I hold an old Morgan or Seated Liberty dollar, I cannot help but imagine old west saloons, a shoot out, or Doc Holiday paying for a drink with one... Yep, makes the imagination run wild... Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file