Home U.S. Coin Forum

do you think these 1776-1976 p half dollars are in the running for a ms-65? Thinking bulk grading

Comments

• morgandollar1878morgandollar1878 Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭✭✭

Strike alone will hold them back from a 65, and too any contact marks. Just making sure too that you realize a bulk submission is a 100 coin minimum with no more than 5 types, dates, and or mint marks.

Instagram: nomad_numismatics
  • JcldJcld Posts: 449 ✭✭✭

I don't think those would make it to a 65. Strike appears mushy on the obverse and there are a lot of small contact marks as well. Nice coins though.

• ms70ms70 Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭✭

64 64 63

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• WatchbelieveWatchbelieve Posts: 527 ✭✭✭

Thank you. I understand the submission guidelines and I am sending away coins. I'm going to post more of the ones I picked to send away for your experienced thoughts on those as well. All opinions are always welcome and I'm so glad that I have found such kind, helpful, knowledgable enthusiasts on here.

• ms70ms70 Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭✭

Made sure to post when those halves come back!

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

They look 64ish to me. View some gems on Coinfacts to get an idea of where they stand.

• WoodenJeffersonWoodenJefferson Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭✭

Only a MS-66 would prove beneficial for a grade and those examples are far from 66. The reverses are hammered, but you have to find both sides hammered to score.

Chat Board Lingo

"Keep your malarkey filter in good operating order" -Walter Breen
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I do not believe they will grade 65.... IMO 63's and a 64 maybe.... Cheers, RickO

• JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't think they will hit the 65 grade, but if it turns you on, go for it.

• ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    I do not believe they will grade 65.... IMO 63's and a 64 maybe.... Cheers, RickO

+1

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file