Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

BRNA (Blue Ridge Numismatic Association) in Dalton GA Aug 18th - 20th, 2017

CoinZipCoinZip Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭
edited August 15, 2017 6:04AM in U.S. Coin Forum

We are loading up and heading to Dalton GA this weekend to display the NCNA & Pan Benefit Auction items...
This is a great show that attracts dealers and collectors from all across the country. If you can make it to the show please stop by our table and say hi.

Northwest Georgia Trade and Convention Center
2211 Dug Gap Battle Road
Dalton, GA 30720

Public hours:
Friday & Saturday 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Sunday 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM

Educational Programs
300+ Tables (with multiple dealers)
YN Program
Educational Forums (Saturday)
Free Parking
Free Admission

YN Program Saturday 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm

Due to a policy change approved by the BRNA Board of Directors, Earlybirds will now be allowed in the Bourse Area at NOON on setup day Thursday .

EARLY BIRD BADGES ARE $50 EACH AND ARE VALID FOR THE COMPLETE CONVENTION

This year our YN Program will be hosting Randy'L Hedow Teton, the female model used to design the Sacagawea dollar which was struck from 2000-2008.

We encourage our young numismatists to plan to come to the show to meet Randy'L and to participate in our cultural outfit contest for those who like to be artistic and creative, our essay contest for those who like to research history and write about it, and our trivia contest, for those who like puzzles.

Make sure you plan to join us on Saturday when Randy'L will present an interesting talk on what it was like to be chosen as the model for the Sacagawea dollar and her experiences as the model.

If you are a Girl Scout or Boy Scout member, invite your friends. Each young person will receive a Sacagawea dollar, encapsulated by Independent Coin Graders (ICG) service, and PERSONALLY authographed by Randy'L Hedow Teton! This is a valuable keepsake with a great story you can tell your friends. And who knows, you might receive a coin collecting merit badge in the process!.

Here is how you can participate:

1.Take part in our essay contest! As part of the study of this coin and the historically significant woman featured on it, we will be having an essay contest for all YN members who are 7th through 12th grades. Please write a 3 - page essay, double spaced,explaining who Sacagawea was and what her role was in the Lewis and Clark Expedition and why she is a person of historical significance. All essays should be submitted to Liz Coggan at the following email address: liz@jjteaparty.com. The deadline for submitting your essay is July 31st 2017.

1. Culturally Accurate Outfit Contest: Plan to come to the show on Saturday dressed as either Sacagawea or one of the explorers, Lewis or Clark.

2. Participate in our Trivia Challenge and pick up Sacagawea coin related items to add to your collection.

Winners will be announced and prizes awarded on Saturday of the YN program for both the essay and culturally accurate outfits.

If you happen to be in the Georgia area traveling, or live in a nearby state, we hope you will plan to join us for this historically significant event. It promises to be a wonderful learning opportunity for all, as well as a fun time, so please plan to attend. For more details on the BRNA coin show hours of operation, please contact Ron Blackman, Bourse Chairman at rblackman@cfl.rr.com.

Coin Club Benefit auctions ..... View the Lots

Comments

• Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Table 502 here!

• Options
    BarberFanaticBarberFanatic Posts: 671 ✭✭✭✭

In particular, if any of you are looking to find and purchase an elusive Barber Half Dollar, make sure you back up your Brinks truck to the front of the AmeriWorld Coins booth. Darrell has them all - common dates, semi-key dates, key dates, well worn, mid-grades, high grades... doesn't matter what you're looking for, chances are he has it.

My current coin collecting interests are: (1) British coins 1838-1970 in XF-AU-UNC, (2) silver type coins in XF-AU with that classic medium gray coloration and exceptional eye appeal.
  • Options

Show report from somebody who attended?

My current coin collecting interests are: (1) British coins 1838-1970 in XF-AU-UNC, (2) silver type coins in XF-AU with that classic medium gray coloration and exceptional eye appeal.
  • Options
    hchcoinhchcoin Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like a great show.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Show reports would be appreciated... sounds like it is a well structured show and worth attending. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 21, 2017 7:59AM

Well! I sold around $17,000 worth of Barber Half's at my inflated prices! B) Wish I had that 96-S back as it would have been gone as well. It still might be gone as my customer saw pictures and loved it! We will see!

• Options

@amwldcoin said:
    Well! I sold around $17,000 worth of Barber Half's at my inflated prices! B) Wish I had that 96-S back as it would have been gone as well. It still might be gone as my customer saw pictures and loved it! We will see!

There's always Spartanburg in October.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file