Home U.S. Coin Forum

Comments

• Options
    MWallaceMWallace Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭

Another 1896 with the same Cert. #.

• Options
    CascadeChrisCascadeChris Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow. I have a 90p that looks almost exactly like that one, a touch better actually, on its way. Hoping it squeeks out a 65. If I get a 66+ I'm goin' to Disneyland!!

The more you VAM..
  • Options
    10000lakes10000lakes Posts: 811 ✭✭✭✭

Same coin, not a mechanical error, no bean.

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 13, 2017 5:40PM

@CascadeChris said:
    Wow. I have a 90p that looks almost exactly like that one, a touch better actually, on its way. Hoping it squeeks out a 65. If I get a 66+ I'm goin' to Disneyland!!

With that cheek the 1896 looks like MS64 at best.

• Options
    CascadeChrisCascadeChris Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Coinstartled said:

@CascadeChris said:

Yes but it depends on 1) What the cheek looks like in hand. Light at the right angle can exacerbate otherwise minimal in-hand focal area ticks and 2) If the fields are extremely clean and overall eye appeal is strong it can 65 a Morgan with an otherwise 64 cheek.

The more you VAM..
  • Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,812 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2, 2017 4:24PM

• Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,901 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MWallace said:
    Another 1896 with the same Cert. #.

Looks to be the same coin in many ways. Just shows what different lighting can do. The little circular mark behind the head is the same, mark between star and nose, spot on the eagle wings, spot near last A in America, deepest cheek scratch shows on both image at same angle, horizontal mark in eagle breast above legs, and a few others.

http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Same coin (marks as Todd pointed out)....Beautiful Morgan.... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    Peace_dollar88Peace_dollar88 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CascadeChris said:

LOL! That's funny! The going to Dinseyland part. I will be there next month.

• Options
    Wabbit2313Wabbit2313 Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not sure how 3 people saw this as a 66+.

• Options
    BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,729 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice coin. If you don't photograph coins you don't have an intuitive sense of just how bad and just how good a coin can be made to look. If you do, you know it's not hard to make very nice coins look ugly.

• Options
    cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,061 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Coinstartled said:

@CascadeChris said:

Maybe this is the "new" 66.

• Options
    cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,061 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Wabbit2313 said:
    Not sure how 3 people saw this as a 66+.

Eggnog. Lots of Christmas eggnog with alcohol right before the Christmas party and close of grading for the year.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file