Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Grades posted on my World Coin Sub! TruViews Inside!

ShadyDaveShadyDave Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 11, 2017 7:01AM in World & Ancient Coins Forum

I used my 4x PCGS vouchers that were expiring soon for this submission. Very quick turnaround with this submission, kind of surprised when I saw my credit card text notification. Coins were graded in 10 business days when the posted turnaround time on the site is 31 days? Not going to complain about that! Should get them back from the USPS tomorrow.

I am overall really happy with my submission. These aren’t particularly rare coins, however 3 of the 4 coins I submitted have some great eye appeal.
The 1915 10 Sen was cracked out of an old NGC MS-65 soapbox holder that was all scratched up that I got on GC a few weeks ago for a song. It had really nice toning that I couldn’t capture in a picture, so I figured I would have it TruViewed. No real difference in value until 67 but the picture and 1 point upgrade was worth the submission.

The Irish shilling was my favorite coin in this submission. I was thinking 65/66 so I’m happy with the agreeing grade. Does anyone else think the TruView looks really dark though? Will be a nice addition to my 1942 Irish Typeset.

500 Lira was purchased from my LCS a few months ago. He focuses on US coins, so he sends me a text when foreign material comes in and I get to pick through it and cherrypick whatever I can. I got this coin and the China 20 cent in this submission from him. This coin has a mintage of 30,000 but I purchased it for $30 because it has beautiful toning. It’s now tied for top-pop at PCGS…

I added the China 20 cent to the sub since it looked unc. It has some PVC and staining on it but I bought it from my LCS for $10, so there was no real downside to submitting it. I used acetone to get rid of 95% of the gunk on it and decided to take a gamble and send it in. I don’t think it’s a 63…maybe a 61, but I’ll take it.

Comments