Home U.S. Coin Forum

I started a .....misunderstood.... thread a while back. Trying again. Sub $200 coins.

topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

Several comments thought I was denigrating low priced coins and it was anything BUT.

After I deleted it, some of you wished I had continued and not deleted..... B)

So.... with no aspersions cast on budget coins, these are two that I just got that I consider pretty dang good collectible TYPE COINS and ...under... $200.

Soo.... proceeding from here,please post your coins under (even WAY under) $200 and with no disrespect to any of them.

Stuff like this is VERY unlikely to be affected by much of anything I can imagine that....could.... run the "market" down.

Okay?

:)

Comments

• CommemKingCommemKing Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 8, 2017 6:11PM

no offense this time. Sorry about the last time. Here are a few of mine well under $200 a pop.

• jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 8, 2017 6:42PM

I don't have many coins that were under $200, but here is a neat one. Cost me $134 plus the cost of grading:

• ironmanl63ironmanl63 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here is one I like.

• ironmanl63ironmanl63 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭✭✭

And one more.

• DRUNNERDRUNNER Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is a great thread . . . . . sorry about those who last time misinterpreted your meaning . . .

Drunner

• KyleKyle Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've never seen the problem with collecting common coins.

Here are a few:

Successful BST Transactions With: tonedase, streg2, airplanenut, coindeuce, vibr0nic, natetrook, Shrub68, golden, Lakesammman, drddm, Ilikecolor, CoinJunkie, wondercoin, lablover
  • coinhackcoinhack Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭✭

A lot of very nice coins. Rather than trying to mention each one, I just gave you each a like.

• Some of mine:

• TommyTypeTommyType Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't have a lot of my coins imaged....and found that many I bought for "under $200" have crept up to $250 or so over the years based on the retail price guides. Probably cheating to use those!

Here are a couple of "legal" coins under the line:

(My 1938 "Date Type"...all under $200 each...some, well under.)

Easily distracted Type Collector
  • AmazonXAmazonX Posts: 680 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 8, 2017 11:34PM

NGC MS66 PL

NGC MS67 PL

MS68 PL

1943-D Small ANACS MS65 PL

1946-S Booker T Washington MS63 PL

MS65

MS61

MS65*

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

There are some marvelous coins in this thread. I would call this a 'collector's thread' and the posters should be justly proud of their coins. Cheers, RickO

• topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess I should add some more. :)

And I fell for the toning on this Mexican iron horse. :D

• seanqseanq Posts: 8,621 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kyle said:
    I've never seen the problem with collecting common coins.

Here are a few:

Pretty sure I see a tiny rim clip on this coin at a 8:00. It is so small it may not even grade as an error at a TPM, but as a connoisseur of such errors, I see and appreciate it.

Sean Reynolds

Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor
  • FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,417 ✭✭✭✭✭

My Dreck Collection that is being put together for the Grand Daughters does not have a single that has cost 200 bucks. The closest is this 1918S Mercury Dime which I have $190.00 into it with grading fees.

Ken

• MercuryMercury Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭✭

I would be happy to have any of these coins in my collection. I like them all.
    Great idea for a thread.

Collecting Peace Dollars and Modern Crap.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file