Home Metal Detecting
Options

White's Prizm IV reviews

I'm new at metal detecting. So, I wanted to find a used inexpensive unit to get started. I don't want to invest too much into a unit in case I lose interest or don't find the time to search beaches, etc. The Garretts I've seen for sale sell quickly. I found a Whites Prizm IV for around $250. Does anyone have any experience with this unit? Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Options
    Bayard1908Bayard1908 Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭✭

The best coin finding machine in that price range is a used Minelab Explorer XS.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can tell you the White's machines, and customer service, are outstanding. I have never owned a Prizm, so no direct experience there. I do have six White's machines and love them. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    I can tell you the White's machines, and customer service, are outstanding. I have never owned a Prizm, so no direct experience there. I do have six White's machines and love them. Cheers, RickO

Ditto!

Frank

BHNC #203

• Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭✭

One thing to consider is getting a used machine. I had a whites TDI SL for about a year and a half and it's resale value was a surprise - nearly half of what I paid for it new. Next time I'd just get a used one and save that huge loss.

• Options
    MAN2004MAN2004 Posts: 156 ✭✭

I ended up picking up a used White's Prizm IV for a pretty good price. Time to get hunting! Thank you everyone!