Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

What does "True" and "False" mean in the "published" column?

BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,486 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 4, 2017 10:47AM in PCGS Set Registry Forum

I tried to add some new sets, and I got this message. No coin shows in the sets despite the fact that I have posted coins that fit those sets.

I have all but two of the collectable Twenty Cent Pieces in Proof and Mint State in PCGS holders. These coins are in my inventory, but I can't put them in the set. How can you get them in the set?

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?

Comments

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

I believe true means the set is published, b y you, meaning it appears in the set registry rankings.
    How are you trying to add coins to the set?

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options

Yes, I am trying to add coins, and it's like a cat in a puzzle box. If you hit the right buttons it works, but the layout is not intuitively clear. You have to remember which buttons you hit in the proper sequence. I have learned that you have to click on your name to get the coin add function.

I find out that coins I’ve owned for years are still in some else’s inventory and therefore get hung up. That gets frustrating.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Somewhere,There is a button somewhere to report a coin in someone else's inventory, it will email to PCGS and they will contact that person.

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options

@1630Boston said:
    Somewhere,There is a button somewhere to report a coin in someone else's inventory, it will email to PCGS and they will contact that person.

I have found the button, but if it doesn't work you have to send them scans. The trouble is I bought these coins at auction years ago, and the former owner never bothered to take them off their list.

• Options
    TopoftheHillTopoftheHill Posts: 180 ✭✭✭

PCGS requires scans to verify that the coins are in your possession. Just take a photo with your phone and be sure the cert numbers are legible. You can group the coins into one photo as long as numbers can be read.

• Options

In my experience with six or seven registry coins, the former owner has never removed the coin after sending the email. I assume deceased.

• Options

I have a question...how do you "link" your registry set to your name in this forum? In other words, some members have their registry set under their names, and I can click the link to view their set...

• Options

@TopoftheHill said:
    PCGS requires scans to verify that the coins are in your possession. Just take a photo with your phone and be sure the cert numbers are legible. You can group the coins into one photo as long as numbers can be read.

What is the email address for the these photos?

Thank you

• Options

BillJones...here it is:

setregistry@collectors.com

• Options

Oh...and note you must click that link in the set registry to send an automatic email to the prior owner BEFORE using the email I posted above...and you must wait at least three days for a possible reply before the powers that be will answer your email at PCGS.

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,298 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've almost NEVER had anyone remove the coin(s) when I have used the link to notify them.
    I usually do that, wait the 3 days that PCGS requests, then send the registry folks (BJ and Cosetta) a pic of the coin (nowadays, I take it with my cellphone as it doesn't need to be a beauty pic) and tell them I used the button, waited 3 days, and am requesting it released so I can add it.

They usually respond pretty quickly then and all is good.

I also put new coins into my inventory...even if I don't add to any sets.....waiting "years" just isn't my style.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment