Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

USPS..

BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,987 ✭✭✭✭✭

is in possession of the item. First time I've seen that.

Comments

• Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

At least USPS told ya.

• Options

@epcjimi1 said:
    At least USPS told ya.

They pretty much always do.

• Options

It's new USPS info. "WE ARE IN POSESSION OF YOUR ITEM."

Some unpaid intern probably worked his / her ass off all summer to add that message to the USPS scanning system.

Probably cost $4,000,000 in the end, but, WTH.

• Options
    EXOJUNKIEEXOJUNKIE Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭✭✭

Since we're talking about USPS .... I have a coin that's been hung up for 5 days now at a USPS "Network Distribution Center" (whatever that is) just 30 miles away from me ... no movement. Grrrr. :s

I'm addicted to exonumia ... it is numismatic crack!

ANA LM

USAF Retired — 34 years of active military service! 🇺🇸
  • Options

@EXOJUNKIE said:
    Since we're talking about USPS .... I have a coin that's been hung up for 5 days now at a USPS "Network Distribution Center" (whatever that is) just 30 miles away from me ... no movement. Grrrr. :s

And I just had smoe coins from Hawaii delivered to my mailbox in Central Iowa in about 2 days. And so it goes.

• Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

@epcjimi1 said:
    It's new USPS info. "WE ARE IN POSESSION OF YOUR ITEM."

Some unpaid intern probably worked his / her ass off all summer to add that message to the USPS scanning system.

Probably cost $4,000,000 in the end, but, WTH.

Then a well paid intern

Frank

BHNC #203

• Options
    BStrauss3BStrauss3 Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭✭✭

Too simple to follow up "Shipping Label Created" with "Package Given to USPS"

-----Burton
    ANA 50 year/Life Member (now "Emeritus")
  • Options
    edited August 1, 2017 6:39AM

@BStrauss3 said:
    Too simple to follow up "Shipping Label Created" with "Package Given to USPS"

Or accepted at Ames, Iowa

Mite be in one case you hand it to a clerk vs leaving it in a dropbox. Or it may be a matter of selecting an action from a large dropdown menu. Pretty easy to pick something other than what you intended to pick.

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 1, 2017 6:09AM

My latest USPS shipment to PCGS...........dropped off Friday,
    to 21093 Post Office clerk right at close of business.
    'Distribution to PO Box in Progress' is new also.

• Options
    BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,408 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Government ran USPS into the ground, forcing them to prepay future retirement costs...........the only quasi Government branch required to do so.

The USPS was forced to close Post Offices, remove collection boxes, and drastically cut corners, forcing many Letter Carriers into longer routes, splitting routes up by not assigning a Carrier on a regulars off day (that's why your mail is delivered late sometimes) and shorting window services.

They've gotten better now, but what's gone is gone.

I'm proud to have worked for the USPS as a Letter Carrier for 36 years (now retired).

I would NOT want to work there now.

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon
  • Options
    edited August 1, 2017 9:53AM

Thurman, IA, rural Iowa USPS PO developed leak in roof / ceiling. PO was closed, stands of PO boxes set up. Now everyone in town drives to get their mail. Doesn't make sense. Probably 40 - 50 vehicles go get their mail daily instead of one vehicle delivering it in a 16 block community.

Even stranger is the distance requirement in the small rural town in which I live, 1000 feet south of me gets mail delivered to the door.

Me? I had to install a mailbox on the road for direct delivery from the right side drive ancient USPS truck and I go retrieve my mail, signature req'd comes to the door.

My eighty year old elderly neighbor, who has difficulty walking and retrieving his mail, the mail carriers bring the mail to his door and knock. God bless 'em! I offered to install a mailbox for convenience, but neighbor says it won't conform to the regulations. Go figure that.

I know what's coming next, sooner or later, the USPS PO will close in this town. Sooner or later. Banks of USPS mailboxes will be setup and I'll drive to get my mail, periodically. Just wait 'til it comes to a town near you.

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,201 ✭✭✭✭✭

they change the wording periodically.

on the ball lately. I had a first class shipped from Florida and in the hands of a California forum member in two days.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ben's rolling over in his grave right.

• Options

Cliff Clavin, RIP

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I get email notifications on all shipments, including USPS..... I have seen that notice before....I like being able to track the products....Cheers, RickO

• Options

Thankfully the USPS is about to lose possession of the item. Out for delivery is better than possession transfer in progress. Kudos to the USPS for another fine delivery job.

• Options
    BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,408 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't get me wrong...............the USPS employees (most of them) do a herculean job of moving the mail. They run into brick walls with an uncaring management that rely on performance estimates and computer predictions. To management,, it is "your only as good as your last letter"

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon
  • Options
    koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

Having been there/done that, Pete-I concur 100% with your statement above.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file