Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

future kryptonite comics debacles coming soon to an amazon seller near you

bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

Amazon lending what can go wrong?? :D

https://www.forbes.com/sites/zackfriedman/2017/07/25/amazon-bank/#5f0ebd206256

Step #1 Sell on Amazon

Step #2 Amazon's new loan department notices you and evaluates your business then cleverly decides to loan you money

Step#3 after watching you succeed and plotting out your business model Amazon copies your niche

Step #4 Amazon now steers traffic away from your listings towards their own and/ or undercuts your prices

Step#5 reduced sales but continuing need to pay amazon loan every month forces seller into robbing Peter to pay Paul

Step #6 inevitable loan default

Step#7 # FORUMPITCHFORKS

Comments

• Options
    mustangmanbobmustangmanbob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭✭✭

I worked as a manager with Amazon.

99% of businesses have ZERO interest to Amazon, as they do not make enough money.

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why name kryptonitecomics in your title? Very sore spot for many valued CU members.

• Options
    edited July 31, 2017 7:25AM

@Coinstartled said:
    Why name kryptonitecomics in your title? Very sore spot for many valued CU members.

I thought the whole initial problem was his loan from paypal ? A paypal loan at least is one step removed. Theoretically paypal didn't have the ability to throttle his traffic or undersell him but it still tripped him up. This is several orders of magnitude worse . Paypal was just being opportunistic Amazon is a straight up loan shark

Did you really just type "valued CU members" where is the kneepads emoji ? :D

• Options
    hchcoinhchcoin Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bronco2078 I don't see in the article where Amazon will be copying your niche. Why do you think this is going to happen?

• Options

@hchcoin said:
    @bronco2078 I don't see in the article where Amazon will be copying your niche. Why do you think this is going to happen?

Amazon screws over all its partners , thats what they have always done. They steer traffic away to their own listings instead of yours or use economies of scale to do what you do cheaper

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

Usery must be hereditary, it seems.... since the apostles got included.

• Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

Paypal / Amazon loans give me the creeps. No thanks. I don't care what the terms are.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I know several people who have dealt with Amazon on a business basis... all have done well and continue successfully. Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file