Home Precious Metals
Options

Got some silver today for under spot (less than the coinflation price).

tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
edited July 25, 2017 7:29PM in Precious Metals

Got some silver dimes for $1, quarters for $2.50, halfs for $5, and 40% halfs for$2
Checking on a misstamped nickel and strange copper ringed dime, and a 1917-30?S Var 2 quarter.

COA

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Under spot is good..... must be a clearance sale... ;) Cheers, RickO

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 26, 2017 2:06PM

I sure would like to be able to buy at 10x face :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options

Local ads on facebook/craigs/word of mouth. I always look right after it goes up. Missed one on ebay because I was too slow. Nothing much to speak of just basic and junk.
    PS The copper ringed dime is not a spooned dime, but likely a dryer dime.

COA
  • Options

Another find from an acquaintance on FB. $200 more at the prices I mentioned today. Slightly nice, but never as nice as the owners that never paid for them at all. Got an almost UnCir 37 Merc with some luster and a 43D quarter, but hardly worth the time to post on ebay.

COA
  • Options
    hchcoinhchcoin Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭✭✭

Awesome

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,842 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 28, 2017 5:48AM

I turned down some silver the other day. The guy said my competition was offering fifteen times face. Of course the reality is : I don't have competition.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I assume you told him that your competition was paying in counterfeit bills.... :D:D Cheers, RickO