all gone

Tagged:

Comments

• KISHU1KISHU1 Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭

Are these US coins or world coins and do you have any pictures of them

Thanks

Frank D

• oz_in_ohiooz_in_ohio Posts: 184 ✭✭

Frank, i would say they are mostly USA but have only taken pictures in the box..... With the price i am asking of close to 25c each, really would not warrant my time scanning both sides , catalogueing them etc etc etc..... Give me your phone number and i will ring you ...Hal

• HistmanHistman Posts: 213 ✭✭✭

I am interested in the lot if you have not sold them. Obviously, I don't want to pay $200.00 for a bunch of pennies, so it would be nice to get an idea of what is in there. 559-974-7356 or histman@aol.com if they are still available.

• aclocoacloco Posts: 952 ✭✭✭

This is about as vague of a description as possible.

When words being used include "mostly, close to, partial lots (what is a partial lot of coins????), depending on size, approximately".....

Realize that you are a new member here (14 posts), but this listing screams scam.
    No pictures
    No list of country of origin
    denomination
    mint
    condition
    ......and the list goes on.

Successful BST transactions with: jp84, WaterSport, Stupid, tychojoe, Swampboy, dragon, Jkramer, savoyspecial, ajaan, tyedye, ProofCollection, Broadstruck x2, TwinTurbo, lordmarcovan, devious, bumanchu, AUandAG, Collectorcoins (2x), staircoins, messydesk, illini420, nolawyer (10x & counting), peaceman, bruggs, agentjim007, ElmerFusterpuck, WinLoseWin, RR, WaterSports, KeyLargRareCoins, LindeDad, Flatwoods, cucamongacoin, grote15, UtahCoin, NewParadigm, smokincoin, sawyerjosh x3
  • KollectorKingKollectorKing Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 14, 2017 11:00AM

your coins are NOT USA coins but foreign coins. There is a separate forum for selling foreign coins.

the pic has since been deleted from the us coin forum. they are mostly modern foreign coins when I saw them.

they are in bst area

Now to you aloco posts...I am not a scammer and in fact a retired man looking to get rid of a bit of clutter around his home...Like i said to the other person if all you want to do is argue..then go annoy someone else...These coins were my grandfathers and he has long passed on...I collect hard rock cafe badges and not coins. Now if you want to act like a child, i will treat you as one...But if you want to act like an adult, then i will go that way as well...Something tells me though you will be trouble to do business with so i am giving others the opportunity first before you.... As you see i do not pull my punches and i make use of your 1st amendment as we cant in australia...Hal

• bestdaybestday Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭✭

@oz_in_ohio said:
    Now to you aloco posts...I am not a scammer and in fact a retired man looking to get rid of a bit of clutter around his home...Like i said to the other person if all you want to do is argue..then go annoy someone else...These coins were my grandfathers and he has long passed on...I collect hard rock cafe badges and not coins. Now if you want to act like a child, i will treat you as one...But if you want to act like an adult, then i will go that way as well...Something tells me though you will be trouble to do business with so i am giving others the opportunity first before you.... As you see i do not pull my punches and i make use of your 1st amendment as we cant in australia...Hal

The newbie OP gives scant information ,no pics ,on items for sale.... yet .. bashes a forum member for pointing out the dubious lack of info ..LOL >:)>:)>:)>:)

• SoCalBigMarkSoCalBigMark Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

He's talking 10 x $19 = $190, I will put up $200 that he will deliver, happy now?

@SoCalBigMark said:
    He's talking 10 x $19 = $190, I will put up $200 that he will deliver, happy now?

what happens if no one buys them...I'd be willing to bet a buck that's what will happen.

hey oz_in_ohio why don't you post the pic that was originally in the US coin forum? & more importantly why
    was it deleted when you edited your post?

• TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,832 ✭✭✭✭✭

Having to stand up for the Aussie transplanted to American soil. He's got a fair price for a fair lot. You guys don't want it, move on. Who are we to infringe on another's thread or business ? America has one coin that reads
    " Mind Your Business ".
    I'd like to say: "Mind your own business" to people, but let's be fair to everyone no matter how old or new , rich or poor. Welcome mate !

edited July 14, 2017 12:18PM

@TwoSides2aCoin said:
    Having to stand up for the Aussie transplanted to American soil. He's got a fair price for a fair lot. You guys don't want it, move on. Who are we to infringe on another's thread or business ? America has one coin that reads
    " Mind Your Business ".
    I'd like to say: "Mind your own business" to people, but let's be fair to everyone no matter how old or new , rich or poor. Welcome mate !

In America and almost everywhere people play by the rules. This is the BST US coin forum. When someone tries to hawk foreign coins in this forum, that is not playing by the rules in my book, pure and simple.

The coins should have been posted in the BST World coin forum.

• SoCalBigMarkSoCalBigMark Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mark Glicker is that you?

@TwoSides2aCoin said:
    " Mind Your Business ".

Been a visitor to Aussie Land many times... never ran across an Aussie , extolling his 1st amendment rights
    Then ...never could find the Tasmanian devil in Tasmania B)
    Hey 2 sides ....a good lot for your ebay site :p

I had to unblock you to answer take a long walk off a short pier for me.
    Go annoy someone else.

edited July 14, 2017 2:57PM

huh? still 0000000000000000 interest in your coins?

well lets ttt it for more exposure shall we littrealy (sic)?

as i say to my ex...what ever you say dear ( in a patronizing tone )

• TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,832 ✭✭✭✭✭

I talk to myself because of my ex. :joy: Sorry to intrude. Carry on.

Op ain't no aussie ..that is straight americanese ..LOL> @KollectorKing said:

@TwoSides2aCoin said:
    " Mind Your Business ".

In America and almost everywhere people play by the rules. This is the BST US coin forum. When someone tries to hawk foreign coins in this forum, that is not playing by the rules in my book, pure and simple.

The coins should have been posted in the BST World coin forum.

Amen .. Op ain't no aussie... that is straight Brooklyn Americanese
    Need to post to forum rules............ not sure..................... ask
    After getting correct info...... just say thanks and move on

Did you actually speak with him to make the determination that he isn't an Aussie?

@Histman said:
    Did you actually speak with him to make the determination that he isn't an Aussie?

Didn't you ever see Carnac The Magnificent ? .......AKA Johnny Carson ????

Yes, many times. But I was asking a serious question about whether you've spoken to him.

• aclocoacloco Posts: 952 ✭✭✭

What happened to "most are usa" in your original post that has been edited?

There is no argument. Your original post provided no specifics of what you are trying to peddle and using words that did not provide anything specific to what the buyer MIGHT receive.

So, when you resort to editing your original thread with a slightly out of focus picture, remove the "most are usa" statement, .....and then start name calling? WHO is acting like a child?

@oz_in_ohio said:

Successful BST transactions with: jp84, WaterSport, Stupid, tychojoe, Swampboy, dragon, Jkramer, savoyspecial, ajaan, tyedye, ProofCollection, Broadstruck x2, TwinTurbo, lordmarcovan, devious, bumanchu, AUandAG, Collectorcoins (2x), staircoins, messydesk, illini420, nolawyer (10x & counting), peaceman, bruggs, agentjim007, ElmerFusterpuck, WinLoseWin, RR, WaterSports, KeyLargRareCoins, LindeDad, Flatwoods, cucamongacoin, grote15, UtahCoin, NewParadigm, smokincoin, sawyerjosh x3

This thread gives me a feeling ......OP is a banned /former board member

@bestday said:
    This thread gives me a feeling ......OP is a banned /former board member

and can you guess who it was?
    I for one have no idea.

• lavalava Posts: 3,286 ✭✭✭

Everything belonged to grandfather, and he's long since passed, so you can guaranty there is nothing in the pile dated after 1920 or thereabouts?

I brake for ear bars.

lava...i suggest before you make snarky comments and assume what may be and may not be , go buy a dictionary and read it as the word is guarantee and not guaranty.. You seem to be very very uneducated.... On top of that, if what you think you stated above is true, then dont buy the items..........Have a nice day..........Isnt the usa 1st amendment wonderful???

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

Where was your grandfather living while he collected these , and what time period? Was he in the US or in Australia or split between living in both ?

I bought a lot like this a few years ago which turned out to have a lot of non coins in it , but those were more interesting than the actual coins . Vecturist tokens , elongated pennies , store cards , mason pennies , coin club medals etc.

it can be hard to photograph lots like this without blurring maybe try using the macro setting on your camera , if the top layer of coins is focused better people here can probably identify whats here by sight easier than you trying to look the stuff up.

edited July 15, 2017 10:05AM

0000000000000000000 interest??

maybe the Wright (sic) weight works.

B)

good

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

@lava said:
    Everything belonged to grandfather, and he's long since passed, so you can guaranty there is nothing in the pile dated after 1920 or thereabouts?

except the car wash tokens posted in the thread on the us coin forum

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

I remember you and you said they are not worth a penny...Why on earth would i
    believe the steam that comes out your mouth...You first message to me was so nasty
    that i would rather throw them away than sell to you.

@oz_in_ohio said:
    THEY ARE NO LONGER FOR SALE THANKS TO ONE NASTY PERSON
    AND HE KNOWS WHO HE IS...PICTURES HAVE BEEN DELETED IN PURPOSE.

"grate" "decison"

Grate is what one places on a grill or barb que.... Are you blonde or something??
    Please spell properly as you intended to use GREAT.... I really suggest you buy
    a dictionary before you buy coins as it looks like you badly need it.

@oz_in_ohio said:
    THEY ARE NO LONGER FOR SALE THANKS TO ONE NASTY PERSON
    AND HE KNOWS WHO HE IS...PICTURES HAVE BEEN DELETED IN?

PURPOSE.

• OuthaulOuthaul Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

So, KISHU1 and histman appeared interested in this lot. I am curious to know if their queries were answered.

I was interested myself until this meshugas erupted.

Cheers

Bob

never should have been in US Coins> @FallGuy said:

And people wonder why BST activity is diminishing. Attack every noob, accuse them of being a scammer, ridicule them, accuse them of being an alt then wonder why these forums lack new blood. This is now predictable behavior by a group of members here. Sheesh.

At least some folks stepped up and acted decently. A heartfelt kudos to you.

Quite the other way ...the newbie OP posts in wrong forum.. doesn't know how to ask questions about forum ,then bashes several members who point it out .. This kind of so called new blood should be left.. Sheesh
    Ya got to ask why this newbie Op blocked someone at the drop of a dime, yet fainted no knowledge of Forum rules pertaining to himself and posting for BST ..LOL...
    BST diminishing along with the coin market

"18 LB + Bulk token & coin collection THEY ARE NOW NOT FOR SALE"

"He is sending the items to me at a very reduced price along with some other free items."

?????????????

B)

Was that a question?

@Histman said:
    I actually spoke with the gentlemen on the phone to inquire and offer suggestions for changing the listing. As far as I can tell from my conversation he is an Aussie and still retains some of the phrasing differences you would expect. He was just offended that he was being questioned when all he was doing was listing something he no longer wanted. He listed it in the wrong area, which could have easily been conveyed to him with an explanation of where to move it. He is sending the items to me at a very reduced price along with some other free items. I do not collect tokens, so I will be willing to put those back up for someone if they wanted them. My autistic son, however, loves to categorize and arrange things, so he will have a field day with this 20 lb lot for a period of time. I will come back and keep folks updated on the lot.

As long as KollectorKing misses out on everything, i will be more than happy with the outcome,

@oz_in_ohio said:

@Histman said:
    I actually spoke with the gentlemen on the phone to inquire and offer suggestions for changing the listing. As far as I can tell from my conversation he is an Aussie and still retains some of the phrasing differences you would expect. He was just offended that he was being questioned when all he was doing was listing something he no longer wanted. He listed it in the wrong area, which could have easily been conveyed to him with an explanation of where to move it. He is sending the items to me at a very reduced price along with some other free items. I do not collect tokens, so I will be willing to put those back up for someone if they wanted them. My autistic son, however, loves to categorize and arrange things, so he will have a field day with this 20 lb lot for a period of time. I will come back and keep folks updated on the lot.

As long as KollectorKing misses out on everything, i will be more than happy with the outcome,

Time to pack it up.. forum member not at fault .....are u an ebay seller for 6 years ?

B)B)B):'(

Which forum member is not at fault

So, I wanted to follow-up with this issue so that everyone knows what the outcome was. I purchased this lot for a very small amount and received the entire 20 lb shipment three days later. I'm in and out of town right now, but I picked it up and took it with me to look through them. Although the vast majority of the items were game, bus, or tax tokens, there were also some novelty items, presidential medals, etc., that made the lot interesting (there is a wide variety of tokens that in and of themselves unique). About 4 lbs of the 20 lb box were foreign coins. These range from Australia right through Venezuela. I did not count them, but if I had to hazard a guess, there were close to 300 foreign coins. There were also some US coins, although they totaled under a dollar. There were also three ancient coins in the lot. One of these was a copy (it was stamped on the coin) but the other two looked legit. Couldn't really make out what type of coin, but that is okay. Finally, there were four silver coins and a gold coin. The gold coin is a very thin Turkish coin that a friend of mine (a Turk) is verifying for me. The other four are genuine. So, all-in-all, I am satisfied with the lot. My son will enjoy the tokens and one day when he is finished, I will try and sell them off. The foreign coins will go up as a lot with a bunch more that I have. I'll keep the other stuff. Also, just as a nice aside, the OP sent me some movie memorabilia to parcel out to my daughters. I am very appreciative of that.

I understand why folks get gun-shy about posters who are new to the site, I've faced it myself. I also understand that his response was a little out of place and maybe over-reactive. You'll have to ask him why that is. Quite an interesting story. But put yourself in his shoes as a new person to the site looking to offer someone something he no longer wanted. We want the forum to be for all users, old and new alike. At least I hope it is. If not, please let us know and maybe we can get the moderators to post a banner telling newbies not to bother. Those of us that have more experience have to remember we didn't know everything, or even a great deal, about our interests until we learned. If we take the time to answer questions, offer suggestions, and provide information to those who inquire, that is all we can ask. Just a thought!

Thank you Oz_in_Ohio for the transaction. If you come across coins while you are clearning things out, please let me know.

• TomBTomB Posts: 20,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm glad it worked out well for you.

It is interesting that this ad was placed in the US coin BST and that when the seller was asked if it contained US coins the seller stated "i would say they are mostly USA" even though your total came to less than one dollar US and the seller's single, out of focus image showed few, if any, US coins out of what became a twenty-pound lot. Of course, some or many of the tokens or medals might have been US-based. This thread would not have received such criticism, in my opinion, if it were originally placed in the World & Ancient BST.

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

Tomb, you are wrong....Why in the hell should i place this in the area you stated when there were not
    ancient coins in my eyes.

THAT IS COMPLETELY FALSE ADVERTISING , AND WOULD ONLY GIVE PEOPLE LIKE YOU SOME
    FUEL TO MAKE BAD REMARKS ABOUT NEW SELLERS LIKE MYSELF............

QUOTE " you stated * _This thread would not have received such criticism, in my opinion, if it were
    originally placed in the World & Ancient BST. _* UNQUOTE" ... I am so used to the strictness of ebay
    with their black and white mannerisms and cannot see any shades of gray ( grey for me ) ...that now
    i have the same opinion of a few of you lot in here. Maybe i am outspoken, maybe i say what is on
    my mind but i assure you there is a number of users in here that are on a list on my desk that will
    never ever buy a thing from me due to their horrid way of treating a newcomer to a site. If anyone
    want to give Kudos for me being so up front, i will accept it. If they dont want to, then i will not
    lose any sleep over it....

Histman, i hope to do more business with you in the future and let the rest miss out.

I am one that takes things rather literally and you Tomb are completely wrong...Why should i place
    something in the ancient thread when nothing in my eyes was 100 years of age or over??? huh huh huh....
    That clearly tells me you dint know what ancient means.

I am so glad Histman got this bargain and none of you others did......Even if a gold piece slipped
    through my fingers accidently.. So what...its only money and i cant take it when i die...That was
    his gain for being so trusting and my loss.

He saw it for what it was and trusted me and all i can say is you lot missed out by being so snarky
    towards me. I know i was asking more than what he paid but i just wanted to get rid of this lot of
    coins with his cheap offer so no others got it. In my eyes it is better to lose $100.00 and sell to a
    person that is appreciative than get full price and have another distrusting person stab you in the back.
    His children got free gifts which i purposely sent and i am not in the habit of giving collectibles
    away. Histman can more than likely double his money on this lot ( after his son is finished with
    them ) and i am happy for him...I left almost a 3/4 of the meat on the carcass or the bone for him
    to chew and gnaw at just like a lion in her den chewing on a deer....On top of that, i dont have to
    do any work by sorting them out as Histman has a couple of kids that can help him with the sorting
    where i would have to have done it all myself and i was far too lazy so to speak.

This is to Histman personally. Only you and i know what they all missed out on.

Lastly Histman...you did well mate!!!! and i will try again for another lot soon

Have a nice day you all!!!!

• TomBTomB Posts: 20,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@oz_in_ohio said:
    Tomb, you are wrong....Why in the hell should i place this in the area you stated when there were not
    ancient coins in my eyes.

THAT IS COMPLETELY FALSE ADVERTISING , AND WOULD ONLY GIVE PEOPLE LIKE YOU SOME
    FUEL TO MAKE BAD REMARKS ABOUT NEW SELLERS LIKE MYSELF............

QUOTE " you stated * _This thread would not have received such criticism, in my opinion, if it were
    originally placed in the World & Ancient BST. _* UNQUOTE" ... I am so used to the strictness of ebay
    with their black and white mannerisms and cannot see any shades of gray ( grey for me ) ...that now
    i have the same opinion of a few of you lot in here. Maybe i am outspoken, maybe i say what is on
    my mind but i assure you there is a number of users in here that are on a list on my desk that will
    never ever buy a thing from me due to their horrid way of treating a newcomer to a site. If anyone
    want to give Kudos for me being so up front, i will accept it. If they dont want to, then i will not
    lose any sleep over it....

Histman, i hope to do more business with you in the future and let the rest miss out.

I am one that takes things rather literally and you Tomb are completely wrong...Why should i place
    something in the ancient thread when nothing in my eyes was 100 years of age or over??? huh huh huh....
    That clearly tells me you dint know what ancient means.

I am so glad Histman got this bargain and none of you others did......Even if a gold piece slipped
    through my fingers accidently.. So what...its only money and i cant take it when i die...That was
    his gain for being so trusting and my loss.

He saw it for what it was and trusted me and all i can say is you lot missed out by being so snarky
    towards me. I know i was asking more than what he paid but i just wanted to get rid of this lot of
    coins with his cheap offer so no others got it. In my eyes it is better to lose $100.00 and sell to a
    person that is appreciative than get full price and have another distrusting person stab you in the back.
    His children got free gifts which i purposely sent and i am not in the habit of giving collectibles
    away. Histman can more than likely double his money on this lot ( after his son is finished with
    them ) and i am happy for him...I left almost a 3/4 of the meat on the carcass or the bone for him
    to chew and gnaw at just like a lion in her den chewing on a deer....On top of that, i dont have to
    do any work by sorting them out as Histman has a couple of kids that can help him with the sorting
    where i would have to have done it all myself and i was far too lazy so to speak.

This is to Histman personally. Only you and i know what they all missed out on.

Lastly Histman...you did well mate!!!! and i will try again for another lot soon

Have a nice day you all!!!!

Enjoy your stay.

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was told off simply because I said the car wash tokens were not worth 1 cent. It was taken as an attack but was not.

they aren't worth it to a collector base, but they are to someone who likes to sit, sort, and classify. I'm glad it worked out for both of you.

I offered the not one cent advice not to insult... but to advise.

I believe this thread or another thread had some presidential tokens. I think those were sold at gas stations and have no collector value. These are another sit, sort, classify set of items.

had you simply picked out the coins from the tokens, you'd have had a better response for the coin lot.

also, just so you do not sell for too little or too much it'd be a good idea to pull the silver and gold out, the ancients out, and then pull out the currently circulating coins.

I've been through dealers' junk bins at coin shows and have seen Japanese 1 yen coins selling for 25 cents. they still circulate, weren't old, and are worth about 1 cent. Similar to the us cent, if placed on the ground in Japan, few will bother to pick one up. (I've tested this out over the years. Only had one really pumped up guy with his 1 yen find. (I'd be pumped up, too))

oh, and do not forget that metals will corrode, corroded coins are damaged, and that affects value. Mention if the lot contains any corroded coins. However, for the right price, someone will like them, as above and I've even picked out a couple of interesting corroded coins from junk bins and paid the quarter even though they were not worth that.

you can start a thread on a coin forum asking about selling what you have if you mention you are new, looking for help, and can post pictures of the them. throw a group of them in 1 picture then photograph the other side. any interesting items may have people asking for a close up set of photos.

perhaps you might find someone saying a coin is only worth 1 cent or a token not worth 1 cent (ok, no to a collector). But it will be advice you can use to sell for a decent price and deal for both sides.

cheers. (really.) welcome aboard.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

I wanted to reply to you in here but i felt with what i stated , it is not for wandering eyeballs such as KollectorKing , TomB, bestday and Bronco2078 If you want it in the main forum for everyone to see, i will be more than happy to do so....

I sent to you as a private message instead..... Dont ignore it please...OIO