Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Queen's Beasts Collection

I'm new to this collection. I really like it, but I'm having trouble figuring out what has already been released. I have the Lion and the Unicorn, but there looks like there are others that have been released. Can anyone point me to a URL with a list of what has released and maybe a product schedule? Thanks!

Dean

Don't quote me on that.

Comments

• Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

Unfortunately they have broken the original "schedule" by bringing the Unicorn in early.
    So far: Lion
    Griffin
    Welsh Dragon

Only the Lion and Unicorn only have been issued in proof. Don't know if I believe the schedules now though.....
    Only the Lion has been struck in bullion platinum, but with a 2017 date rather than the bullion silver and gold lion pieces that come only with the 2016 date.

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options
    ADGADG Posts: 423 ✭✭✭

Try this link from the Royal Mint regarding currently available items.

https://www.royalmintbullion.com/Products/Queens-Beasts

2 oz. bullion format.

https://www.royalmintbullion.com/Products/Queens-Beasts/Silver

I have purchased the 2 oz. bullion Lion, Griffin and Dragon. Very nice. Have not see any other beasts in this format so far.

Release schedule.

http://bullionexchanges.com/blog/2017/01/10/2016-2020-silver-gold-queens-beasts-release-updates/

Couldn't find any schedule info on the Royal Mint website.

"The vaccines work,” Trump said, adding that the people who “get very sick and go to the hospital” are unvaccinated.
    “Look, the results of the vaccine are very good, and if you do get it, it’s a very minor form,” Trump continued. “People aren’t dying when they take the vaccine.”
    Do your part, America 💉😷

• Options
    Manfred1Manfred1 Posts: 59 ✭✭

• Options

Unfortunately that schedule has been thrown off as #10 (the unicorn) has been partially released as the fourth.

• Options
    dmwestdmwest Posts: 947 ✭✭✭✭

Thank you very much for the information. I am collecting the 1 oz proof so it looks like I've gotten both of the ones that are available. Lion & Unicorn. Wonder why they jumped the Unicorn so far ahead of schedule....it is a very cool coin though.

Dean

Don't quote me on that.

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,694 ✭✭✭✭✭

That lion is tough!

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 12, 2017 9:06PM

These come in a variety of finishes now including Black Ruthenium and Antique.

• Options

Don't think those last are Royal Mint products.

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 12, 2017 10:08PM

Do you know who makes them? I haven't seen any info posted but I'm curious now.

• Options

No, but I have been seeing them as well. IMO gimmicky, but like the series.

• Options
    ADGADG Posts: 423 ✭✭✭

@7Jaguars said:
    Don't think those last are Royal Mint products.

Yes. It seems there are a number of "Beast" items being offered that are not from the Royal Mint. Caveat emptor.

"The vaccines work,” Trump said, adding that the people who “get very sick and go to the hospital” are unvaccinated.
    “Look, the results of the vaccine are very good, and if you do get it, it’s a very minor form,” Trump continued. “People aren’t dying when they take the vaccine.”
    Do your part, America 💉😷

• Options
    TurboSnailTurboSnail Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭✭✭

Get those 10 oz coins. They are truly fun to have.

• Options
    dmwestdmwest Posts: 947 ✭✭✭✭

@TurboSnail said:

I got the 10 oz Lion bullion, and PCGS graded it. The proofs are way more expensive....

Don't quote me on that.

• Options
    TurboSnailTurboSnail Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dmwest said:

@TurboSnail said:

I got the 10 oz Lion bullion, and PCGS graded it. The proofs are way more expensive....

I got a few 10 oz bullion lions at $185 each shipped few weeks ago , but not planning to grade them.. More fun this way as they're truly beasts in both size and design.