Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1926 Indian Head Gold Eagle $10 and 1901 $10 Liberty Head Eagle Gold Coin!!!

I'm about to make my biggest purchase of the year!
But I need your help.
I love gold coins from the USA but I do not know much about them, i new to the USA COINS!
I would like to know what would be the status of both coins, best photos unfortunately I do not have .. What would be the value of each one?
Do not want to be fooled and buy for an absurdly high price!

Comments

• Options
    rte592rte592 Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 8, 2017 3:40PM

Going to be tough to give an honest opinion with those pictures.
    Melt gold is $585.00.

VF condition around $900.
    You would be safe at $700ea if they check out to be legit gold.

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,076 ✭✭✭✭✭

It might just be weird (bad) pictures, but those look iffy to me

• Options

@rte592 said:
    Melt gold is $585.00.

I cant get more photo saddly :(

• Options
    rte592rte592 Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 8, 2017 3:46PM

@NumismaticEmpire said:

@rte592 said:
    Melt gold is $585.00.

I cant get more photo saddly :(

I assume you can't get them in hand either.
    Ask the seller for better pictures.
    Maybe on a scale showing weight.

This always reminds me of buying diamonds from pictures from across the country.

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,585 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree with roadrunner. Do not buy these especially if you have no experience and can't see them in person. There are plenty of these in almost uncirculated for $700 each now at reputable gold dealers.

If you want a nicer one uncirculated in a slab consider MS63 for maybe 900-1000. Be careful of MS61 and 62 as there are a lot of really bad looking ones out there now on eBay. Watch out for what look like lower priced bids that may have 18% extra buyer fees on them, if you are not fully aware what that means ahead of time.

• Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Goldminers said:

If you want a nicer one uncirculated in a slab consider MS63 for maybe 900-1000. Be careful of MS61 and 62 as there are a lot of really bad looking ones out there now on eBay. Watch out for what look like lower priced bids that may have 18% extra buyer fees on them, if you are not fully aware what that means ahead of time.

The 63's have been crushed in price such that you can get nice ones at $750 for Libs and $850 for Indians....probably stickered too.

Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    stevebensteveben Posts: 4,595 ✭✭✭✭✭

i suggest looking at a lot of $10 pieces before making a purchase. also, read some books on the subject. the https://amazon.com/Collectors-Survival-Manual-Revised-Seventh/dp/0375723390/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1499612880&sr=1-1&refinements=p_27%3AScott+A.+Travers

is a great start.

• Options
    tommy44tommy44 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can't tell from the pictures but there are a lot of fake $10 Indians out there. If you really want to own US gold and don't have a lot of experience buy it slabbed.

it's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

• Options
    BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,729 ✭✭✭✭✭

Please, listen to roadrunner's advice. There are LOADS of these already certified.

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love gold coins from the USA but I do not know much about them, i new to the USA COINS!

Enough said.....do not buy raw U.S. gold coins.....PCGS/NGC /ANACS/ICG only.

• Options
    logger7logger7 Posts: 8,078 ✭✭✭✭✭

Premiums over melt are near historic lows on those. Definitely a buyers market.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Definitely listen to roadrunners advice.... and stick to slabbed gold... Gold coins, raw, are not for beginners. Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file