Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

The Official 2017 National Thread-- List of Product 1st post

flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭

Here's what is available for a group rip

1981 Topps FB Rack Case. 72 racks. $9500

1989/90 Fleer Basketball wax case. 12 boxes. $2400. Marked FASC

1981 Topps FB cello case. 12 boxes I think. $19 K

1979 BB 6 box rack case. $2500/ box. Will be marks FASC. He needs 4 people to commit to open the case. 3 people expressed interest today.

1993 Finest BB wax case. 12 boxes. $6K

87/88 Basketball wax box. $5K

1986 FB wax box. $1500

There wasn't much more that could be marked FASCl

Post here if interested. If it looks like it'll fly I'll start a new thread tomorrow

Note: the 81 and 84 FB wax cases had seals popped so Steve won't mark FASC

Here is what I saw that might be good for a break. Only looked at cases. If anyone else has thoughts let me know. Not many cases there

84 FB wax case. $24k

82 Topps BB wax case. $5k

81 FB rack case. $9,500

93 Finest bb wax case. 12 boxes. $6k

79 BB 6 box rack case. $2500/box. Steve needs at least 4 people to bust it

We can do boxes. I'll talk to other members tomorrow and see what they think. Let me know your thoughts

See you all at 2!!

here is the plan. I will be at the BBCE booth Weds at the sneak peak. 1st stop as always. I will see what is available and talk to Steve on what he might want to make available to us as well as prices. I am hesitant to ask Steve in advance because I am sure he wants to make sure his booth looks exceptional and has as much product on his shelves for the opening. I will send him an email reminding him of our intentions. I also would not necessarily assume any type of discount. Not on the 1st day of the National anyway.

If you are there Tuesday and can post pics of anything you think might be good for a group rip--please post some pictures or post what is there to give everyone an idea of what may sell

Once the product is identified I will post it here. I will do so by Wednesday night 9pm Central. I will start a separate thread for the actual product and reserving.

The actual reserving of the boxes/packs will begin when we meet Thursday at the BBCE booth at 2 PM. I will be there and maintain a list that I will post here Thrs. evening. Limited to 1 pack/box. Only those in attendance or will be attending can reserve a pack/box at this point. You can reserve it with me at the Thrs meet or by posting in the new thread starting 2 PM Central. If for some reason something sells out immediately--those in attendance Thrs get 1st crack over those posted here.

If by Saturday at 8 AM Central the boxes/packs are not sold out -- those NOT in attendance can begin to reserve boxes/packs. Limited to 1 pack/box per. If the packs/boxes are not sold out by the end of the National -- 5 PM Sunday -- anyone can request a 2nd pack/box. 24 hours later--all up for grabs and get as many as you want.

For anything we purchase I will ask Steve to bring it back and ship as he usually does for a group rip. Those boxes FASC will be labeled as such--maybe with a special designation--The National CU Group Rip 2017 or something lame like that. Regular shipping charges will apply as in past group rips.

Meeting Times--All at BBCE Booth. Not everyone can make it all 3 days but stop by and say hi if you can. I won't be there Friday

Thursday--2 PM
Friday--2 PM
Saturday--1130

List of those attending: help me with 1st names please

1. flatfoot--Manny
  2. Griffins--Anthony
  3. CPAMike--Mike
  4. Stone 193--Mike
  5. 1980sCollector--Nathan
  6. bcubs--
  7. bbcemporium--
  8. ssolars--Scott
  9. Doblestriker--Dustin
  10. sushihotwings--
  11. kid4hof03--
  12. MarsAttacks--
  13. KendallCat--
  14. BeRoyalKC-- Kyle
  15. king nascar--
  16. cincyredlegs--Mark
  17. dir--
  18. fur72
  19. Sdub--John
  20. 1neatstuff--Terry--set up table 372-374...stop by to say hi and check out his great unopened -- great guy to boot
  21. tmgrnzx9r -- Eric-- 1st National. Our sacrificial National Virgin
  22. Kgibson -- Kevin
  23. cardcountry--Jeff--set up at table ???? great great stuff and greater guy
  24. jfk heat--James
  25. OldEnglishD5--Allen
  26. Belz--Steve

Well if I may--let me start what I hope to be our 2017 Official National Thread--with corresponding group rip.

I am hoping that we can all post pictures of anything interesting--cards, memorabilia, unopened--and of course the BBCE exhibit. Everyone knows that if you don't see Steve's booth within 15 minutes of the sneak peek opening--you probably didn't see many of the higher and better items on his shelf. It really goes THAT FAST.

It's my 1st stop there -so I'll do my best to get them. And if anyone that is set up there can take pics for us 1st--by all means do it. Much is gone just with dealer sales alone even before the peek.

As for the group rip I emailed Steve. He told me that he will have boxes of all 4 sports from 1970 on--with some exceptions--which presents for a great opportunity for a group rip. He will also have cases--which is great because we can get a FASC designation if we get the case. I will email him a few days prior to see if he can commit to anything. The deal would be for the boxes/packs to be made available to attendees of the show 1ST--and if they do not sell out--then to other members of the board. I am sorry if this sounds unfair to those of you who are not attending--PM if there is an issue

WE WILL MEET AS USUAL ON THURSDAY AT 2 PM AT THE BBCE BOOTH

Hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable trip. If there are any board members setting up there--please let us know your table # so we can stop by and say hello. See you all there!!

Comments

• Options
    rcmb3220rcmb3220 Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭✭

Sounds fair. I won't be there but I'm sure there will be something I could help out with if needed.

• Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

@flatfoot816 said:
    Well if I may--let me start what I hope to be our 2017 Official National Thread--with corresponding group hug.

Just a minor tweak, we're all good now...carry on.

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thurs at 2PM sounds great Manny.

I'll be there on Tues. and will head over there when I arrive - afternoon some time.

l'd like to contact Mike (cpa) just to say hi and meet his son who will be there Tues. also.

Mike's my good luck charm - I'm hoping to find some cool game before it gets snatched up - did great last time.

Mike
  • Options
    DragnetDragnet Posts: 635 ✭✭✭

Won't be in Chicago, but def. look forward to the photos + group rip!

• Options
    1980scollector1980scollector Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭

I will be in early Tuesday and see you all.

** Working on the following sets-2013 Spectra Football Hall of Fame 50th Anniversary Autograph set, 2015 Spectra Football Illustrious Legends Autograph set, 2014-15 Hall of Fame Heroes autograph set. **
  • Options
    bcubsbcubs Posts: 344 ✭✭✭

Wish I was getting in Thursday to partake but my son and I won't be in until Friday morning.

Appreciate today-

Bill

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

Looking forward to seeing all the pictures. Enjoy guys!

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    bbcemporiumbbcemporium Posts: 684 ✭✭✭

I'll be there at 2pm. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Registry Sets

"Common sense is the best distributed commodity in the world, for every man is convinced that he is well supplied with it"
  • Options

for those of you who are not attending until Friday--we can schedule another meet Friday. In past years we have missed many board members who cannot make the Thrs meet.

So for the 1st time--we will do a Friday meet also. Because of other plans with my fiancee Friday afternoon--I would like to schedule this one at 11 at the BBCE booth. But if 2 is better--we can do it then -- what do you all think?

• Options
    ssollarsssollars Posts: 932 ✭✭✭✭

The PSA Luncheon is on Friday, what time does it start?

• Options

PSA Lunch is 11:30-1:00 on Friday. I will be in town Monday Night thru the week.

• Options

I'll be going to the luncheon - sat with the CU crew last time - looking forward to the same.

Mike
  • Options
    sushihotwingssushihotwings Posts: 452 ✭✭✭

I also won't be there until Friday morning so would enjoy a meetup that day as well. Any time works for me.
    Dave

On the hunt high grade Star Basketball.
  • Options

forgot about the PSA luncheon.

How about Saturday at 1130?

• Options
    sushihotwingssushihotwings Posts: 452 ✭✭✭

Saturday 11:30am works for me.

On the hunt high grade Star Basketball.
  • Options

Hopefully the Friday meet can happen. My 16 year old son is finally getting into cards and I'm looking forward to introducing him to some collectors who can help educate him about the hobby.

Appreciate today-

Bill

• Options

morning! there is no reason that we cannot meet Thrs-Friday and Saturday.

the BBCE booth is always a treat. So let's plan on all 3 days. I'll post it at the top as we get near

whoever can be there will be there...always nice to meet fellow board members

• Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭

I"m in for Thursday & Friday. Do you have to actually rip the pack in a group rip ;)

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭✭✭

My son and I are coming in on Friday morning, hope to meet as many of you guys as possibly throughout the weekend.

Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach
  • Options
    MarsAttacksMarsAttacks Posts: 279 ✭✭✭

It all starts 2 weeks from today! Looking forward to seeing everyone there. I'll be the guy wearing the obnoxious Mars Attacks shirt :)

Go Dodgers!
  • Options
    KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭✭✭

We will be there Thursday - Friday and Saturday. Looking to see everyone there.

KC

• Options
    BeRoyalKCBeRoyalKC Posts: 413 ✭✭

I'll be there Thurs and Friday. Friday is a maybe if I recover from the pizza and Chicago dogs on Thursday

#CROWNED

2015 World Series Champions
    2018 Worst Minor League System In Baseball
    #FIREDAYTONMOORE
  • Options
    kingnascarkingnascar Posts: 636 ✭✭✭

My son and I will be there Wednesday through Sunday and will be at the PSA Set Registry Luncheon. It's going to be so much fun hanging out with my friends and buying cards. B)

• Options
    cincyredlegscincyredlegs Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭

Hey Manny, will be there Wed-Sat night.
    Any chance we can physically restrain CpaMike and force him to open a 75 Rack with Seaver on top? Between my size and your police technique, I think we can. LOL.

Project:

T206 Set - 300/524
  • Options

@cincyredlegs said:
    Any chance we can physically restrain CpaMike and force him to open a 75 Rack with Seaver on top? Between my size and your police technique, I think we can. LOL.

Ya might have to fight Tim (Grote) also?

Mike
  • Options

@Stone193 said:

@cincyredlegs said:

Ya might have to fight Tim (Grote) also?

Nah, Tim is weasling out again.....LOL. Besides, Tim would be fighting to open it.

Project:

T206 Set - 300/524
  • Options

@cincyredlegs said:

looking forward to seeing you Mark. And I am bringing a present for CPAMike. Purchased at Dick's Sporting Goods--any guesses?? HINT: they are not white

• Options

could it have anything to do with "knee high"?

Project:

T206 Set - 300/524
  • Options

@cincyredlegs said:

We have a winner!!

• Options

@flatfoot816 said:

@cincyredlegs said:

We have a winner!!

Manny, I talked with Mike last night. He is on to us...............LOL.

Project:

T206 Set - 300/524
  • Options
    KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am bringing some as well for Mike. Nike no show Dri Fit socks. Best you can buy!

• Options
    MacrosBMacrosB Posts: 524 ✭✭✭
    edited July 15, 2017 5:52PM

Did you see the picture that BBCE posted on facebook of some of the boxes they are bringing?

Jim

Looking for 66 and 69 OPC baseball
    60's OPC packs
    72 BB, 60's FB, 71FB, 73FB, 74FB, 75FB, 76FB, 78FB Rack Packs
    72 and earlier BB cello
  • Options
    Gemyanks10Gemyanks10 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭

Just saw it and shared it on my page, looks amazing.

Always looking for OPC "tape intact" baseball wax boxes, and 1984 OPC baseball PSA 10's for my set. Please PM or email me if you have any available.
  • Options
    slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭

Wish I could attend. Have fun everyone. Manny, I hope you will be kind enough to share another pictorial update of the festivities for those of us who have to live vicariously through you all!

Steve
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,332 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MacrosB said:
    Did you see the picture that BBCE posted on facebook of some of the boxes they are bringing?

Jim

No, some of us don't do facebook. Any 75 baseball, regular not mini?

• Options
    MacrosBMacrosB Posts: 524 ✭✭✭
    Looking for 66 and 69 OPC baseball
    60's OPC packs
    72 BB, 60's FB, 71FB, 73FB, 74FB, 75FB, 76FB, 78FB Rack Packs
    72 and earlier BB cello
  • Options
    vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭

They need to turn that pic into about 6 pics. I can recognize much but far from all. But as usual looks like BBCE is the place to be.

52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • Options
    jmoran19jmoran19 Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭

For baseball see a 67 who am I box, 72 wax box, 2 1973 wax boxes, 3 wax 1974 boxes, 1975 wax box.... hard to tell with the 5 mid 70's cello boxes

Current obsession, all things Topps 1969 - 1972

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cincyredlegs said:

@flatfoot816 said:

@cincyredlegs said:

We have a winner!!

Manny, I talked with Mike last night. He is on to us...............LOL.

shake the haters off Mike

• Options
    1980scollector1980scollector Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭

I will get there Tuesday to try and get some pics for those wanting them.

** Working on the following sets-2013 Spectra Football Hall of Fame 50th Anniversary Autograph set, 2015 Spectra Football Illustrious Legends Autograph set, 2014-15 Hall of Fame Heroes autograph set. **
  • Options
    heritageheritage Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭

I'm not going to make it this year but I hope you guys have a great time,

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,332 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the link to the pic, MacrosB, looks like a bunch of great unopened!

I'm going to go ahead and thank everyone in advance who reports on the show. Every year its a great read
    with lots of pics of the festivities. Have a great time, to everyone who goes.

• Options

I'll be there for the sneak. Plan is to spy what we can use for a group rip. Will concentrate on cases 1st (if I beat DJR of course) and if Steve will make them available for a rip--I will post a response to this thread soon as I can--figure by 430 Tuesday.

• Options
    lahmejoonlahmejoon Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭

Man, I would love to go one of these years. Have a great time, guys.

• Options
    belzbelz Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭

Flat, If there is a final time or timeframe to meet for group rips, please list them..I plan to schedule my visits around these. Count me in on any case or high end box rips..good times

"Wots Uh The Deal" by Pink Floyd
  • Options
    fur72fur72 Posts: 2,348 ✭✭

So happy to see this thread. I will be there Friday and Saturday. If more peeps are interested in Friday instead of Thursday do we thing a group rip can happen? Either way is fine, just thought the more the merrier.

Hope to see you all and Manny try to lay down a bunt with Babe Ruth's bat again, classic.

• Options

I met many of you in Chicago 2 yrs ago.

Looking forward to meeting those I haven't met.

Advance apology if I don't remember your name - I turned 70 this year and the memory is shaky.

Mike
  • Options

My son Ryan and I will be there Friday. Not sure how we'll know the guys here from the board but we're not shy so we will be the guys circling the booth asking if you're part of the forum. Feel free to look at us strangely when we ask.

Appreciate today-

Bill

• Options
    SdubSdub Posts: 736 ✭✭✭

My son and I will be there Wed-Fri. This is our first together. It's been 30 something years since my last. Not sure of the time and places to meet but keep those posted here and I will check in.

Collecting PSA 9's from 1970-1977. Raw 9's from 72-77. Raw 10's from '78-'83.
    Collecting Unopened from '72-'83; mostly BBCE certified boxes/cases/racks.
    Prefer to buy in bulk.
  • Options

morning bump for the plan--see 1st post