Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

PCGS Quarterly Special (Jul Sep 2017) - Secure Plus and True View FREE - EXTENDED thru 31 Dec 2017

oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,915 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 1, 2017 4:34AM in U.S. Coin Forum

Seems pretty self explanatory, although does not adjust the prices in the on-line submission form.

PCGS Guidelines:

•Valid for All Service Levels (one per form).
•Valid for U.S. and World coins (cannot mix).
•Valid for up to 20 coins during this quarter.
•Turnaround time for submission is based on the service level selected.
Under the “Other” service level, you must indicate “QS - Free Secure.”

Additional Guidelines:

•Mark U.S. Secure or World Secure as your Service Group.
•Fee Calculation: Exclude Secure fee of $5 per coin.
•Valid for current Collectors Club members in good standing.

You must be a PCGS Collectors Club member to submit directly to PCGS. To join the PCGS Collectors Club click here. For any other questions or concerns, please contact PCGS Customer Service Monday through Friday 7:00AM - 5:00PM PST at 1-800-447-8848.

http://www.pcgs.com/ccspecial/

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...

Comments

• Options
    ModCrewmanModCrewman Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭✭✭

There's one I can use! :) They've done a nice job on the quarterly specials this year, the first quarter cross-over special and this one are both pretty good. (I actually forget what the special was last quarter.)

• Options
    neildrobertsonneildrobertson Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭✭✭

For someone who is interested in sending in some world coins that would be required to be sent in as Secure Plus, this is a pretty good special.

IG: DeCourcyCoinsEbay: neilrobertson
    "Numismatic categorizations, if left unconstrained, will increase spontaneously over time." -me

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great! I will use that. I just sent off a submission for the last QS (attribution half off). :)

• Options
    CommemKingCommemKing Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭✭✭

Finally special worth something.

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭✭✭

Darn, I have a submission there now that has this added.. but I paid.

• Options
    TommyTypeTommyType Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭✭✭

Might be time for me to take advantage of the quarterly. I'm down to about 5 or 6 coins that "need" certification from my general "collection cleanup" project, and my membership runs out at the end of next month! It's now or never....

One thing: I wasn't actively collecting when the "Secure Plus" service was introduced, so missed out on what was (no doubt) a well orchestrated roll-out, and detailed description of the service. So except for searching deep into the PCGS site for the limited information available there, I'm kind of in the dark about the service. Might be time for PCGS to "re-introduce" the service from a marketing standpoint? And being part of the quarterly special, now might be a good time?

Just a suggestion.....

Easily distracted Type Collector
  • Options
    Wabbit2313Wabbit2313 Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 6, 2017 9:11AM

@TommyType said:
    Might be time for me to take advantage of the quarterly. I'm down to about 5 or 6 coins that "need" certification from my general "collection cleanup" project, and my membership runs out at the end of next month! It's now or never....

One thing: I wasn't actively collecting when the "Secure Plus" service was introduced, so missed out on what was (no doubt) a well orchestrated roll-out, and detailed description of the service. So except for searching deep into the PCGS site for the limited information available there, I'm kind of in the dark about the service. Might be time for PCGS to "re-introduce" the service from a marketing standpoint? And being part of the quarterly special, now might be a good time? :)

Just a suggestion.....

Or spend a millisecond and type it in the search! :)

http://www.pcgs.com/secure

https://www.pcgs.com/news/pcgs-announces-pcgs-secure-plustrade-service-for-increased-consumer-protection

• Options
    TommyTypeTommyType Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ah, yeah. As mentioned, I found that. The question is whether a company really wants to require that a prospective customer do that, or whether it's good from a marketing and information point of view, to "refresh the collective memory" once in awhile....and if this is the right time to do that. It might answer the burning question, "Is it worth $5 to me under normal circumstances?"

I may be an outlier, and I realize that. But I'm guessing I'm not the only one.

(I'll stop trying to be helpful. ;) )

Easily distracted Type Collector
  • Options
    TPRCTPRC Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭

Useful!

Tom

• Options
    cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,062 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love it. I wish they would also bring back the February crossover special.

• Options
    AmazonXAmazonX Posts: 680 ✭✭✭✭

I feel that a lot of people will be able to use this one.

• Options
    Wabbit2313Wabbit2313 Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

The crossover has been and will always be the best special for me.

• Options

So would this work for re-holders as well?

• Options
    edited July 6, 2017 11:48AM

@jwitten said:
    So would this work for re-holders as well?

I would guess that you would be charged for the reholder fee ($12) only...plus the usual fees (shipping, handling, delay, etc...)

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just finished packing up my submission. This is the first one I've been able to use in a LONG while...

• Options
    ShadyDaveShadyDave Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm a little unclear...isn't secure already baked into World coin submissions? Does that mean the prices would go down $5 or am I misinterpreting this?

• Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,706 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ShadyDave said:
    I'm a little unclear...isn't secure already baked into World coin submissions? Does that mean the prices would go down $5 or am I misinterpreting this?

Nope. You have to add Secure Plus for everything except fairly modern world coins.

• Options
    gtstanggtstang Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭✭✭

This might just make me join again. The last time I was a member was when the platinum membership was $199.

• Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭

Still not worth it to join. Would need to submit 14 coins to make up for the $69 membership, and my dealers fees are less than the Collector Club fees to boot.

I am getting a re-grade submission ready. Instead of doing re-holder/trueview it is not much more to just do a re-grade. I may get lucky on a few.

Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,228 ✭✭✭✭✭

$5 now gives near future buyers a lot of peace of mind against super counterfeits.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seems like a nice deal. Not all specials apply to everyone's needs... I think it is great that they offer specials. Cheers, RickO

• Options

So by marking "secure" and indicating quarterly special, you also get true view? Or do you need to check something else?

The impossible just takes longer.
  • Options
    ShadyDaveShadyDave Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TheBlackKnight said:
    So by marking "secure" and indicating quarterly special, you also get true view? Or do you need to check something else?

Under the “Other” service level, you must indicate “QS - Free Secure.”

• Options
    jt88jt88 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 28, 2017 6:26PM

@oih82w8 said:
    Seems pretty self explanatory, although does not adjust the prices in the on-line submission form.

PCGS Guidelines:

•Under the “Other” service level, you must indicate “QS - Free Secure.”

Additional Guidelines:

You must be a PCGS Collectors Club member to submit directly to PCGS. To join the PCGS Collectors Club click here. For any other questions or concerns, please contact PCGS Customer Service Monday through Friday 7:00AM - 5:00PM PST at 1-800-447-8848.

How this work? Do I have to call them to tell PCGS to give me the quarterly special or PCGS will automatically apply the quarterly special to my submissions? I just submitted about 100 coins last week online. I just checked my submission form I didn't see "Other" service level. Thanks.

• Options
    Sandman70gtSandman70gt Posts: 979 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think it's automatic if postmarked by Sept 30, and ordered secure.
    Had 2 come back that I submitted online (never saw place to put "other" or QS.)
    I just ordered secure and got the special.

Bst transactions with: dimeman, oih82w8, mercurydimeguy, dunerlaw, Lakesammman, 2ltdjorn, MattTheRiley, dpvilla, drddm, CommemKing, Relaxn, Yorkshireman, Cucamongacoin, jtlee321, greencopper, coin22lover, coinfolio, lindedad, spummybum, Leeroybrown, flackthat, BryceM, Surfinxhi, VanHalen, astrorat, robkool, Wingsrule, PennyGuy, al410, Ilikecolor, Southcounty, Namvet69, Commemdude, oreville, Leebone

• Options

@Sandman70gt said:
    I think it's automatic if postmarked by Sept 30, and ordered secure.
    Had 2 come back that I submitted online (never saw place to put "other" or QS.)
    I just ordered secure and got the special.

Thanks for the reply and info.

• Options

Hmmm...it is the end of this quarterly special...what's next? Crossover special?

• Options

I sent in a coin for reholder and secure... but forgot the special. Whoops. Hopefully they give it to me anyways?

• Options

@jwitten said:
    I sent in a coin for reholder and secure... but forgot the special. Whoops. Hopefully they give it to me anyways?

Give Customer Service a call...couldn't hurt.

• Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,459 ✭✭✭✭✭

I used this "special" for three orders. Each was messed up. Yes, I wrote CS. Sort of took care of most of the issues. Some lingering ones will just keep me from using Secure again and evaluate if I really NEED to use a QS again

• Options
    davewesendavewesen Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭✭✭

a great deal - 20 secure/truviews for free

I sent my submission today - I procrastinate too much...

• Options
    cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,062 ✭✭✭✭✭

@oih82w8 said:
    Hmmm...it is the end of this quarterly special...what's next? Crossover special?

I wish.

• Options
    cointimecointime Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭✭✭

I took advantage of this QS, 9 coins economy and I am very happy as always with the service!!! Watching for the next one.

Ken

• Options

Held over for another quarter.

• Options
    KccoinKccoin Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great news! Wish I would have known this yesterday. Had to rush to get some coins in

• Options
    logger7logger7 Posts: 8,094 ✭✭✭✭✭

How much more salable are coins more salable with true views and secure plus? Is there any discount on PCGS coins already graded sent back in for this?

• Options

An upside on the TrueViews are the images themselves, which provide intricate detail to share with others, whether they are up sale or hidden away in a safety deposit box in some bank that is closed on Sunday. I have tried to take decent images, but have neither the time or equipment to do so. Those who can...do.

No discount given for previously graded material...you getting a $10 per coin service for free...or you can wait until next year when the price for this service may go...UP.

• Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is good. Last quarter was the first Quarterly Special I had been able to use in a long time. I'll definitely use it again this quarter as I have another submission building...

• Options

up to 30 coins this quarter ++++++

• Options
    ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭✭✭

Could this be the beginning of PCGS photographing every coin?

Even if not, I see this QS as a great service to the community

Collector, occasional seller

• Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ChrisH821 said:

I wonder if they will go to the Secure service on everything and this is a precursor.

Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,706 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seeing as how I forgot to use it last quarter (D'Oh!), maybe I'll take advantage of my second chance.

• Options

@dbldie55 said:

@ChrisH821 said:

I wonder if they will go to the Secure service on everything and this is a precursor.

it would definitely help detecting the newer generation counterfeit slabs and a reason for resubmitting.

• Options

@dbldie55 said:

@ChrisH821 said:

I can see where it would appear that way. PCGS doesn't typically repeat Quarterly Specials right after each other. However, since the free Secure Service for up to 20 was such a success and praised upon, we have decided to keep it going for the new quarter, now up to 30 coins. As of today, PCGS has no plans to offer only Secure Services. You may still receive the standard label or Secure.

Kindly,
    Nichole Schembre
    PCGS Customer Service Representative _

• Options

@jt88 said:

@oih82w8 said:

PCGS Guidelines:

Additional Guidelines:

How this work? Do I have to call them to tell PCGS to give me the quarterly special or PCGS will automatically apply the quarterly special to my submissions? I just submitted about 100 coins last week online. I just checked my submission form I didn't see "Other" service level. Thanks.

Hello,
    Please indicate that you would like the Secure Service for the Quarterly Special on the form. You may mark 'Secure' under Section 5 as well as indicate 'Quarterly Special' in the 'Other' box in Section 8. Your order will not automatically be processed as a Secure order unless you request it.

The special is extended now through December 31st, for up to 30 coins for Collectors Club Members.

Please feel free to give us a call for more information and step by step completing the submission form.

Kindly,
    Nichole Schembre
    PCGS Customer Service Representative.

• Options

@jwitten said:

Hello,

Please send us an email indicating that you would like the Quarterly Special added to the your submission and we will apply is so that you are not charged the $5.00

You may send the email to info@pcgs.com. Please indicate your submission number and customer number.

Kindly,

• Options

@PCGSCSR said:

@jwitten said:

Hello,

Please send us an email indicating that you would like the Quarterly Special added to the your submission and we will apply is so that you are not charged the $5.00

You may send the email to info@pcgs.com. Please indicate your submission number and customer number.

Kindly,

Yall actually automatically applied it for me! Thank you!

• Options

@PCGSCSR said:

@jt88 said:

@oih82w8 said:

PCGS Guidelines:

Additional Guidelines:

Hello,
    Please indicate that you would like the Secure Service for the Quarterly Special on the form. You may mark 'Secure' under Section 5 as well as indicate 'Quarterly Special' in the 'Other' box in Section 8. Your order will not automatically be processed as a Secure order unless you request it.

The special is extended now through December 31st, for up to 30 coins for Collectors Club Members.

Please feel free to give us a call for more information and step by step completing the submission form.

Kindly,
    Nichole Schembre
    PCGS Customer Service Representative.

Thank you very much. I sent email yesterday and I will get the special. Thanks a lot.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file