Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Hoping these come back as good or better than Labels.

SmittysSmittys Posts: 9,876 ✭✭✭✭✭

Should I have sent labels in with them?

Comments

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,896 ✭✭✭✭✭

The labels would/should not influence the graders at all...I don't even think they would see them.

Looks like a really batch...by the labels.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    Wabbit2313Wabbit2313 Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

Never send the labels in with them. If the coin goes down, then you re-crack and send it back in with the label at that time.

• Options
    morgandollar1878morgandollar1878 Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭✭✭

I know it does not amount to much, but PCGS pays 50 cents a piece, so I would have sent them with the sub.

Instagram: nomad_numismatics
  • Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,730 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't see how anyone could possibly believe a detached label from a common coin would belong to a coin in a submission; except perhaps if there was good photographic evidence. Even then, it really means nothing as you do not know what has happened to the surfaces in the time that the coin was raw. I would not have sent the labels in.

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    jtlee321jtlee321 Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

The only reason I can think of to send the labels in, is to deactivate the cert numbers and clean up the population reports.

• Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

yes, keep those pops current

Frank

BHNC #203

• Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

I recently had a cracked out coin I bought raw in an album, a key date coin that was PCGS AU50. Sent it in for grading with the old label, mostly so they could update the pop reports. Came back PCGS AU53!! So, the graders likely do not see those labels anyways ;)

• Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't believe the go to the same department as the graders.They
    go to the labor for labels department:)

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sending the labels in has nothing to do with the grading... helps to population reports though. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    rheddenrhedden Posts: 6,619 ✭✭✭✭✭

Even with the label and a good photo, who says the coin didn't pick up a few contact marks and hairlines while it was out of the slab? I think that is one reason why the labels wouldn't be considered by the graders.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file