Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Where to buy and what to buy... PLease advise

I would like to buy a couple of packs/boxes of 2017 cards to attempt to get an Aaron Judge (My nephews favorite player). Can I just walk into Wal mart and buy some 2017 packs of cards or what? I tried to research the information on the Beckett website but I am so confused by the number of products... Where can I get what and what exactly do I want to buy?

Thank you in advance

Comments

• 1980scollector1980scollector Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭

You can buy at Wal-Mart, Target etc. but but the blaster boxes($19.95). The single packs for sale are normally searched. So stick to the blaster boxes so you have a chance at the good stuff.

We own a card shop and if you can't find a Judge rookie card there we have them for $5 each just PM me and we can ship one.

** Working on the following sets-2013 Spectra Football Hall of Fame 50th Anniversary Autograph set, 2015 Spectra Football Illustrious Legends Autograph set, 2014-15 Hall of Fame Heroes autograph set. **
  • RelaxnRelaxn Posts: 851 ✭✭✭✭

o.k. Help me with something else... I love the look of these Topps Heritage cards... Where can I buy some boxes? I used to collect 25+ years ago and I loved opening packs... Would not mind opening some packs/boxes of these...

I just saw an ad for Topps Heritage High Number...

Someone please help an old new guy and tell me how to buy and where to buy... I am in teh DFW area but travel consistently between Vicksburg, MS-OKC-DFW...

THank you

• 1980scollector1980scollector Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭
    edited June 25, 2017 8:35PM

The heritage high numbers should be really good this year. You can get the Heritage again at Target or Wal Mart but buy blasters. If you want hobby boxes of Heritage high numbers I have three cases prooreered and would be glad to ship to you.

Hope that helps. Good luck and if you have questions don't hesitate to ask.

** Working on the following sets-2013 Spectra Football Hall of Fame 50th Anniversary Autograph set, 2015 Spectra Football Illustrious Legends Autograph set, 2014-15 Hall of Fame Heroes autograph set. **
  • RelaxnRelaxn Posts: 851 ✭✭✭✭

Retail vs Hobby vs Hangar box... What am I looking at? Calling all

• coinspackscoinspacks Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭

hobby has the most guaranteed hits (auto and jersey)...retail usually will have EITHER an auto or jersey and hanger/blaster usually has the worst odds at pulling anything worthy

• dictoresnodictoresno Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 26, 2017 9:11AM

I've bought blaster boxes and fat packs from Walmart of both 2017 heritage and Bowman and had mediocre pulls. I had better pulls from the bowman blaster than I did from the herigtage stuff.

Just bought a $69 sealed retail box (24 packs) of 2017 bowman off Amazon. Are my chances of good pulls better from that than blasters? Like autos and numbered refractors?

myslabs.to/smzcards

• CopperJJCopperJJ Posts: 587 ✭✭✭

I pulled an auto Benintendi out of Heritage blaster from Target. And have heard of other great pulled front target blasters. Good luck.

Clayton Kershaw - master set
    Signed Sets:
    2011 Topps Heritage BB
    1960s & 1970s Topps decade Cincinnati Reds
    2006-2016 A&G HOFers
  • FirstBeardFirstBeard Posts: 460 ✭✭✭

Single packs of Topps base will be $2 at Target, Wal-Mart, etc. As others said, sometimes they are "searched," but that is typically for thick jersey cards and refractors. The odds of someone sitting and thumbing though Topps base for a Judge seems low to me, so you should be safe. The advice related to blasters is still good though if you are planning on buying more than 5 packs as your odds of hitting an insert are slightly higher.

Heritage are also at Target, Wal-Mart, etc. Those packs are $3 or so. The refractors and inserts will likely be searched, so stick with blaster boxes (should be $10-15 or so).

The odds of hobby are always better than retail, but great stuff can be pulled out of retail.

• robert67robert67 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 5, 2019 12:01PM