Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Dealer table sales light for the National?

That's the scuttle. Could be the fewest in years. Reconsidering attending.

The Crisser

Comments

• Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

I heard that it is sold out

• Options

From the website. "The 38th National Sports Collectors Convention will be held July 26-30, 2017 at the Donald E Stephens Convention Center, Rosemont IL
    Booth space for the 38th National in Chicago is completely sold out. To be placed on a waiting list for any booths which become available"

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh, well, lol..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    OddRodzOddRodz Posts: 645 ✭✭✭

CC ? Will you be treating me as naughty as you did last night ? Can't WAIT ! <3

• Options
    edited June 21, 2017 8:58PM

@CrissCriss said:
    LOL!! You do realize they have a number of max tables they set in advance, right? The point is that number is the lowest in years.

If you think this Chicago National will be as large as the 2011, 2013, or 2015 shows, please PM me. I have some investment opportunities for you.

So they'd rather limit the number of tables to rent even though all those tables sold out?

This sounds like many of your threads, nothing more than rumor mongering and pot stirring. Can you provide some actual data for your assertions for a change?

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    LOTSOSLOTSOS Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm sorry but anyone who continues to refer to themselves in the third person should be ignored. FOREVER!

The Kevin

Kevin

• Options
    rtimmerrtimmer Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭✭

@CrissCriss said:
    Tim, you know exactly how this works. Dealers choose their table(s) at the previous National. The number of dealers doing that is at a low for a Chicago National. But again, go ahead and think it'll be as big as the last few there. Go right ahead, and when the Crisser is proven right, no one will defend him but it will come as a shock to all but a few.

I agree good points, I think now is the time to sell my collection as the market is sure to be heading lower.

Follow me at LinkedIn & Instagram: @ryanscard
    Join the Rookie stars on top PSA registry today:
    1980-1989 Cello Packs - Rookies
  • Options
    lseeconlseecon Posts: 318 ✭✭

there is a long waitlist to get a table. Been sold out for months. Call and try to get a table.

• Options
    ChiefsFan1stChiefsFan1st Posts: 845 ✭✭✭

@CrissCriss said:
    LOL!! You do realize they have a number of max tables they set in advance, right? The point is that number is the lowest in years.

If you think this Chicago National will be as large as the 2011, 2013, or 2015 shows, please PM me. I have some investment opportunities for you.

I have no idea how many tables will be there, but I will mention that I was at the 2015 show. Was in Chicago for the entire week. I spent 3 full days at the show itself, and I am pretty sure I didn't see everything.

I have a hard time believing that if this year is short a few tables, people are going to be disappointed. That's just my opinion on this potential catastrophe ;)

I dont wanna grow up, Im a Toys-R-Us kid!
  • Options
    travis ttravis t Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭

Plenty of business going on in hotel rooms, parking lots, on barstools, or internet thingys. There might be some folks who no longer require a "table" to manage their acquisitions.

• Options
    thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭

@travis t said:
    Plenty of business going on in hotel rooms, parking lots, on barstools, or internet thingys. There might be some folks who no longer require a "table" to manage their acquisitions.

We're still talking sports cards, right?

• Options
    BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭✭✭

I know I already said I'm not going this year, but I'm REALLY not going if The Crisser doesn't go. :-)

Daniel
  • Options
    1980scollector1980scollector Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭
    edited June 22, 2017 5:15AM

Let me give you actual facts.

1) It will be as big or bigger than ever at that venue. As far as tables go.
    2) They are sold out and sold out means sold out

The reason is this was going to be our first National Covention as a dealer. Well, months ago they were "sold out" and we were put on the waiting list.

So take it from someone who tried for months to buy a table from the NSCC and other dealers and has come up empty.

I hate to even post this if your original, inaccurate thoughts had you reconsidering.

Maybe next year is best for ya.

** Working on the following sets-2013 Spectra Football Hall of Fame 50th Anniversary Autograph set, 2015 Spectra Football Illustrious Legends Autograph set, 2014-15 Hall of Fame Heroes autograph set. **
  • Options
    bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭

He did admit up front that it was scuttle

Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
  • Options
    HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭

Wonder if the russians provided the OP news here

• Options

@thunderdan said:

@travis t said:

We're still talking sports cards, right?

Oh. Dang. Wrong forum. :o

• Options
    baz518baz518 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭✭

@CrissCriss said:
    Tim, you know exactly how this works. Dealers choose their table(s) at the previous National. The number of dealers doing that is at a low for a Chicago National. But again, go ahead and think it'll be as big as the last few there. Go right ahead, and when the Crisser is proven right, no one will defend him but it will come as a shock to all but a few.

The first time for anything is always memorable! But I got a feeling we're still going to be waiting for that memory.

• Options
    muffinsmuffins Posts: 469 ✭✭✭

@CrissCriss said:
    Could be the fewest in years. Reconsidering attending.

table for one?

• Options
    rcmb3220rcmb3220 Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭✭

How many tables this year? How does that compare to previous nationals in Chicago?

• Options
    1980scollector1980scollector Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭

@CrissCriss said:
    You were put on the waiting list because the tables were sold at the dealer meeting at last year's National.

It wasn't sold out SIX months ago. Tables were available and I procrastinated and it cost me.

It will be full. Or they are just plain stupid.

** Working on the following sets-2013 Spectra Football Hall of Fame 50th Anniversary Autograph set, 2015 Spectra Football Illustrious Legends Autograph set, 2014-15 Hall of Fame Heroes autograph set. **
  • Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,469 ✭✭✭✭✭

What did a table go for?

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭

I am so glad to know the OP is reconsidering going to the National. Sheesh.

Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • Options
    rcmb3220rcmb3220 Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭✭

I'm fresh out of gadfly repellent.

• Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    edited June 22, 2017 11:36AM

I recommend this light for sales at your dealer table:

8x Magnification!

Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    19541954 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭

Crisser- I know you like to stir the pot with every post you make, but does it really matter if there are less tables than last year or in 2013? There are some of us here that enjoy the atmosphere, friendships, card hunting and beer drinking at the show. I realize you don't have friends that you can share that with but I would bet if you would be pleasant and considerate towards others here, you actually might have a great time regardless of how many tables are available.
    I personally would give you a chance because you might be a nice guy, but no one can give you that chance on a message board because you hide behind your computer typing crap stirring messages.
    Dude grow up and be a man.

Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases
  • Options
    MrHockeyMrHockey Posts: 555 ✭✭✭

It's not a good sign when the troll posts get the most activity on the board.

• Options
    81 Topps Guy81 Topps Guy Posts: 228 ✭✭✭

The OP brings nothing to the table

• Options
    SdubSdub Posts: 736 ✭✭✭

Does the Crisser have any coherent posts?

Collecting PSA 9's from 1970-1977. Raw 9's from 72-77. Raw 10's from '78-'83.
    Collecting Unopened from '72-'83; mostly BBCE certified boxes/cases/racks.
    Prefer to buy in bulk.
  • Options
    SdubSdub Posts: 736 ✭✭✭

I will be at the National, and frankly, could give a rats arse how many tables there are. Bringing my son to hang out, rip some modern, go to the batting cages, meet Net54 and CU forum members (that includes you crisser), hang out at BBCE. Heck, I'd even go play some golf up in Kohler if I had time.

Collecting PSA 9's from 1970-1977. Raw 9's from 72-77. Raw 10's from '78-'83.
    Collecting Unopened from '72-'83; mostly BBCE certified boxes/cases/racks.
    Prefer to buy in bulk.
  • Options

@81 Topps Guy said:
    The OP brings nothing to the table

He couldn't get a table, they are sold out. :p

• Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 22, 2017 7:28PM

He does bring thread views. Like him or hate him they are routinely the highest viewed threads. Drama brings the eyeballs.

• Options

The Sushi Master brought me eyeballs. He received a generous tip.

• Options

Is manufactured drama upon which this board now needs to rely?

• Options

It worked for William Shakespeare.

• Options
    edited June 22, 2017 8:15PM

Just an observation. Once we went to this new format with thread views and reactions it became apparent. I honestly was surprised at how much activity The Crisser's threads got. Like I said the drama brings the eyeballs.

• Options

That is the cutest little dog ever. You don't have mountain lions out there, no? Just gators?

• Options

Ginger Roger's is the cutest little dog ever and is trying to kick cancer's a$$.

No just gators. And some really big ones.

• Options

:# Get well Ginger.

• Options
    OddRodzOddRodz Posts: 645 ✭✭✭

This thread has 750 page views ! 700 of them from The Crissers IP address. Ya know those like this must check a billion times for responses.

I like The Crisser. He treats me gentle and lovingly when we're on the beach late at night when no one else is around.

• Options

I just boosted the view count of this thread by 5..

• Options
    dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭

"He does bring thread views. Like him or hate him they are routinely the highest viewed threads. Drama brings the eyeballs."

It's the CU equivalent to slowing down to look at an accident in the opposite lanes of the interstate. Deep down we know we wont see anything but we've got to look anyway.

Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,469 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BunchOBull said:
    I recommend this light for sales at your dealer table:

8x Magnification!

Could someone recommend something similar to this for viewing cards?

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've accounted for several thread views, but I just like to see Lasorda hit the Phillie fanatic
    with a stuffed Lasorda. Thanks Thunderdan!

• Options
    MarsAttacksMarsAttacks Posts: 279 ✭✭✭

@Darin said:
    I've accounted for several thread views, but I just like to see Lasorda hit the Phillie fanatic

+1

That Lasorda clip is one of the funniest things I've ever seen here. I had to YouTube it to catch the original commentary. Priceless!

Go Dodgers!
  • Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MarsAttacks said:

@Darin said:

+1

That Lasorda clip is one of the funniest things I've ever seen here. I had to YouTube it to catch the original commentary. Priceless!

+2

I must admit I'm a fan of that clip.

Donato

Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭

@MarsAttacks said:

@Darin said:

+1

I am guilty of this too..

Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658