Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Monster pack poppage!

Been waiting on this sub to pop for a while, received on 2/14... but well worth the wait. If they come back with the new flip, I will be super excited (although it's hard to imagine being more excited than I already am). The 75BBs came from BBCE; 72BKs from Fritsch; and the 86FB, 81FB and 80/81BKs from eBay... the 80/81s were from the partial box I pulled the PSA 9 Bird/Magic RC. Will post pics when they're back in hand.

Total Items: 11
Date Received: 2/14/2017
Date Shipped: N/A
Order Status: OK

Line # Item # Cert # Grade Description Type
1 1 26989128 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1975 Topps Baseball Wax Pack Wax Pack
1 2 26989129 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1975 Topps Baseball Wax Pack Wax Pack
2 1 26989130 MINT 9 1975 Topps Baseball Cello Pack Cello Pack Robin Yount-Back
3 1 26989131 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1980 Topps Basketball Wax Pack Wax Pack
3 2 26989132 MINT 9 1980 Topps Basketball Wax Pack Wax Pack
3 3 26989133 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1980 Topps Basketball Wax Pack Wax Pack
3 4 26989134 GEM MINT 10 1980 Topps Basketball Wax Pack Wax Pack
4 1 26989135 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1972 Topps Basketball Wax Pack Wax Pack
4 2 26989136 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1972 Topps Basketball Wax Pack Wax Pack
5 1 26989137 GEM MINT 10 1986 Topps Football Cello Pack Cello Pack Jerry Rice-Back
6 1 26989138 MINT 9 1981 Topps Football Cello Pack Cello Pack Joe Montana-Top

Comments

• Options
    initialDinitialD Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice work! Congrats! Let's see some scans when you get them back!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    MantleFan23MantleFan23 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭

Congrats on some AWESOME pack poppage! Cant wait to see pictures!!

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

outstanding! very happy for you Brad!

• Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, very nice!!! :+1::+1:

Congrats.

Donato

Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    lbcoach20lbcoach20 Posts: 868 ✭✭✭

Sweet!

• Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭

Nicely done.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats. Look forward to seeing them posted.

• Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭

Nice job I suspect there was a holder shortage or some other production issue as it seems all the pack orders that were between 70-90 business days popped last Friday or yesterday.

• Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh man nice hit. That Rice pack has to be tempting!

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    baz518baz518 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks all, I will definitely post scans once I have them back in a couple days. I suspect the holders/flips may have caused the delay (as packCollector said)... I eventually noticed that they have the new flip according to their website:

• Options

@Cakes said:
    Oh man nice hit. That Rice pack has to be tempting!

As big of an unopened collector as I am, it's going to be hard not to send that Rice pack (Pop 1) and the 80/81 basketball back (Pop 2) off to auction. I know the 80/81 won't fetch the $2800 the Pop 1 sold for in February (via PWCC)... but who knows? I have absolutely no idea what the Rice pack would bring... but very tempted to find out.

• Options
    HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭

Nice montana on top

• Options
    GrimsterGrimster Posts: 286 ✭✭✭

wow! awesome packs. can't wait to see some pics when they arrive !

• Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

rockin'

Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    rtimmerrtimmer Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭✭

Wow I don't know which is more impressive the Rice or basketball 10. Probably the basketball pack but good high class problem to choose which.

Follow me at LinkedIn & Instagram: @ryanscard
    Join the Rookie stars on top PSA registry today:
    1980-1989 Cello Packs - Rookies
  • Options
    SullyknowsSullyknows Posts: 104 ✭✭

nice hits!

• Options
    esquiresportsesquiresports Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭

Congrats!

Always buying 1971 OPC Baseball packs.
  • Options
    MarsAttacksMarsAttacks Posts: 279 ✭✭✭

Very nice - congratulations!

Go Dodgers!
  • Options
    lawyer05lawyer05 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭✭

@baz518 said:
    Thanks all, I will definitely post scans once I have them back in a couple days. I suspect the holders/flips may have caused the delay (as packCollector said)... I eventually noticed that they have the new flip according to their website:

but this one has fugitive ink technoolgy

x10 more

• Options
    secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 23, 2017 4:45PM

The new holder probably doesn't mean much to resale value for packs(but definitely cool factor), but for cards I do expect 10-15% higher price realizations in higher dollar cards since the case will be proven as not tampered with.

• Options

Damn on that 1980 PSA 10 Basketball Pack. Let me know if you would like to part with that pack. Jason

• Options
    edited June 26, 2017 6:18PM

Sorry for taking so long, I got packs back in hand last week... I will try to get scans posted soon. The 75 wax packs both came back with gum pokes, but those were the only casualties. I'm pretty certain I'm sending the 10s (80 BK and 86 Rice cello) off to auction... but feel free to send offers if interested. The rest, with the exception of maybe the two 80 BK 8s, are staying in my collection. Hope to have the scans in a day or two.

• Options

I would do the same on the 80 BK and 86 Rice cello, it's just so much money to pass up. It also gives you some more cash to make more pack purchases.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options

@baz518 said:
    Sorry for taking so long, I got packs back in hand last week... I will try to get scans posted soon. The 75 wax packs both came back with gum pokes, but those were the only casualties. I'm pretty certain I'm sending the 10s (80 BK and 86 Rice cello) off to auction... but feel free to send offers if interested. The rest, with the exception of maybe the two 80 BK 8s, are staying in my collection. Hope to have the scans in a day or two.

I picked up my packs today. They are in the new holder with the inner insert for the pack. All of my packs arrived safe and without any gum pokes which is a first in my experience. The holder looks much more stable than the previous holder which had the tabs that pushed on the sides , top and bottom of the pack

• Options
    DragnetDragnet Posts: 635 ✭✭✭

@packCollector said:

@baz518 said:

I picked up my packs today. They are in the new holder with the inner insert for the pack. All of my packs arrived safe and without any gum pokes which is a first in my experience. The holder looks much more stable than the previous holder which had the tabs that pushed on the sides , top and bottom of the pack

would love to see photos

• Options

here are a couple quick pics, one of the holders has the tabs and the inner insert, the other just has the fitted interior space. not what determines which type they use

• Options
    DragnetDragnet Posts: 635 ✭✭✭

thanks for posting. thought the insert might provide an air-tight seal (maybe prohibiting any movement of gum) but doesn't appear that it is. Hopefully this will still work out better than the last iteration. Seen far too many gum pokes.

• Options
    edited August 11, 2017 8:47PM

Well, it's been a crazy summer. Shortly after getting these packs back, we got displaced from our house for a month as we discovered a hidden leak in the kitchen wall, followed by a discovery of asbestos (in a layer of tile adhesive) after stripping up the kitchen flooring. Hotel hopped for three and half weeks before they actually finished the repairs the same day we left for our annual beach vacation. Now everything is back in order, I'll be posting the scans I promised. I did end up sending the two 10s to PWCC for auction, the basketball pack is already posted and the Rice pack will be soon... but here's the scans of those two:

I will try to post my scans of the others tomorrow.

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Geez Brad that's some incredible stuff!

Rice on back? The best.

Mike
  • Options
    flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭

great stuff congrats. That 80 pack should command a fine price for you.

BTW--sorry about the inconvenience with the place.

• Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow! Very nice. Good luck with the PWCC auction.

• Options
    belzbelz Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭

I might bid on that 1980 pack...really sweet.

"Wots Uh The Deal" by Pink Floyd
  • Options
    edited November 4, 2017 4:47PM

Well, after selling the two Gem Mints via PWCC (also sold the two 80/81 PSA 8s myself on eBay) here are the scans of the others, these will all be staying in my pc. My scanner still sucks, so hopefully I'll update these one day with new and improved scans.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

Beautiful packs, Brad!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

WOW! Congrats on that '80 PSA 10 pack. Almost $1,700.00!!!

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    Arsenal83Arsenal83 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭

How much did the 86 pull in?

• Options
    BatpigBatpig Posts: 460 ✭✭✭

$761

• Options

Yep, $1698 and $761. Sold the two 80 basketball PSA 8s for $120 each and just recently sold a lot of 4 raw packs (with corner wear) for $200. Paid less than $800 for the partial box, so still looking good!

• Options

My man, well done!