Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

World Class Grading

ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 25, 2017 10:13PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Anyone know about World Class Grading?

http://worldclassgrading.com/

It seems they are focused on sports cards but have branched out into coins. The following is from their About Us page:

World Class Grading, Inc. (WCG) main purpose is to serve sports card enthusiasts with grading services, which offer fair and reasonable pricing, a simple submission process, and a quality product. Each card is evaluated by consistent application of rigid standards.
WCG has a team of extremely qualified and knowledgeable professionals grading your cards with over 25 years experience in the trading card industry. All of our grading staff have been trained to grade to WCG standards.

Tagged:

Comments

• Options

Well I don't see a grade on that slab so I don't know how much I would trust their grading proficiency if they can't even remember to put it on the coin.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

It appears to be a slab for preservation rather than grading. A telephone call would resolve the question. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 25, 2017 9:52PM

Seems like the Black Ruthenium pieces are put out by 2 major parties: Merrick Mint and the Blackout Collection. The WCG slabs are offered by The Merrick Mint who claims to be the largest manufacturer:

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

Weird buffalo nickel. Ruthenium is silver in color and is in the platinum group of metals. It's hard and sometimes mixed with Platinum to make it harder! It's a rare earth metal that commercially comes from the refining of nickel (waste by product).

I don't understand the black look. But, I don't understand a lot of metallurgy, either.

bob

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 26, 2017 4:38AM

They have been grading coins for a while.

Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces
  • Options

They are legit, great, cheaper, faster, 25 years of experience

• Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 29, 2021 8:40AM

@CardMan2021 said:

The website says very little about coins, mainly sports cards. That's the area their 25 years of experience has been in.

• Options
    CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,604 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CardMan2021 said:

Spam

"Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"
  • Options
    TurtleCatTurtleCat Posts: 4,594 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CardMan2021 said:

Are you their grader?

Leave a Comment