Home Precious Metals

Planning a gold-backed currency can get you killed. (link fixed)

jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 17, 2017 10:25AM in Precious Metals
Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.

Comments

• rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭

Only a cigar can save you...

keceph `anah
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,585 ✭✭✭✭✭

To protect the petro dollar? Say it ain't so.

Seems like such actions were but conspiracy theory to a few of the "enlightened" here. Funny how time always tells.

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

• PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,918 ✭✭✭✭✭

Didn't the US have gold backed currency? How did that work out for those people holding those gold backed notes? :D

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

• CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,959 ✭✭✭✭✭

"Help! Help! The Paranoids are after me!!!"

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,638 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that they're not out to get you!

I knew it would happen.
  • cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭✭

You guys really believe this stuff?

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

edited June 18, 2017 4:44PM

Let's review.

Gaddafi went from being a state sponsor of terrorism, to being a "friend" of the West when he dropped his pursuit of nukes.

Then for some unknown reason (unknown to us), Hillary and Victoria Nuland decided that he had to go. "We came, we conquered, he died", I believe was the quote. Ha, ha, great humor.

So, the reason either had to be about circumventing a new gold currency, or possibly it was about Clinton & McCain smuggling illicit weapons through Libya to Syria to supply the ISIS "moderates" to fight against Russia's proxies (Assad) over the route for a gas pipeline to Europe.

Incidently isn't that the same gas company that Joe Biden's other son sits on the Board of Directors on in the Ukraine that hopes to compete against the Russian pipeline to supply Europe (or cut them off, as it were)? Yeah, who would have guessed?

There's a lot of "stuff" to believe, isn't there?

As they said in Poland, 2 + 2 = 4.

Don't get me started on the Fed and the banking system.

I knew it would happen.

Jmski, please, dont convince me that you believe in that, please.

• VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,856 ✭✭✭✭✭

For the love of money...............

@cohodk said:

history has proven this stuff happens all the time.

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

@derryb said:

@cohodk said:

So how many times has Gaddafi been killed by Clinton?

cohodk, you don't think that Clinton was calling the shots in Libya? Who do YOU think had Gaddafi killed?

If Clinton and Obama forced Centcom to stand down instead of mobilizing to help Chris Stevens, then you can certainly make a good bet that Nato was hunting Gaddafi under Clinton's and Obama's direction to have him taken out.

What alternative theory would you have us believe? That it was "rebel" forces? Sheesh.

I knew it would happen.
    edited June 18, 2017 7:09PM

So you really do think Clinton ordered Gaddafi killed because he "supposedly" was going to create a gold backed currency?

@cohodk said:

@derryb said:

@cohodk said:

And Saddam was killed because he had weapons of mass destruction.

By 2002 Saddam had fully converted to a petroeuro – in essence, dumping the dollar. The following year, Iraq was invaded by the petrodollar protectors.

@derryb said:

@cohodk said:

@derryb said:

@cohodk said:

And Saddam was killed because he had weapons of mass destruction.

By 2002 Saddam had fully converted to a petroeuro – in essence, dumping the dollar. The following year, Iraq was invaded by the petrodollar protectors.

You make it too easy for the salesman.

• dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

jmski52.in fact I don't know who was "calling the shots" in Libya.

But I was told that France and England (among others) were energized by the incursion of the Arab Spring into Libya, and wanted to sweep his dictatorship aside as part of the perceived burgeoning transformation of the region. The U.S. under Obama was reluctant, but agreed to air support. You appear to believe that Clinton had the resources to "order Gaddafi killed" without the authority of the president.

And derryb: is it your belief that the U.S. invaded Iraq just because he had converted to petroeuro? I was told that Saddam, a loose cannon in the region if there ever was one, was slipping the leash of the sanctions.

I'm reminded of the Vietnam era, when those "in the know" were certain the war had been undertaken in the service of Dow Chemical, so that they could sell napalm and Agent Orange. Nevermind any other geopolitical motives, or even principled ideals (however unartfully and ill-advisedly applied). Heck, I remember that the Iraq War was supposed to have been foisted by Cheney because he used to work for Halliburton.

Lots of folks have always presumed things were run "by that man behind the curtain." Perhaps we've always wanted to believe in nefarious plots by hidden evil geniuses like others have wanted to believed in a God: the notion of a chaotic irrational world is just too ghastly to contemplate.

I expect that in fact most geopolitical actions are undertaken with an array of motives of varying quality, and that onlookers invariably adjudge those motives with correspondingly varying perspectives and prejudices.

I've no doubt folks with power and self-serving motive would like to influence things. They always have. I guess my own perspective and prejudice is that such folks rarely have the skill or alliance-building capacity to pull that off very successfully or for very long.

• drwstr123drwstr123 Posts: 7,036 ✭✭✭✭✭

"Incidently isn't that the same gas company that Joe Biden's other son sits on the Board of Directors on in the Ukraine that hopes to compete against the Russian pipeline to supply Europe (or cut them off, as it were)? Yeah, who would have guessed?"
    Hunter Biden is on the Board of Directors of Burisma Holdings, the largest 'independent' gas and oil supplier in the Ukraine. A fact missed by the MSM.
    As to why Saddam and Gaddafi were deposed...???

edited June 19, 2017 5:08AM

So you really do think Clinton ordered Gaddafi killed because he "supposedly" was going to create a gold backed currency?

Not exactly, I think that Clinton was in support of the idea mainly because our new found friend Gaddafi wasn't in agreement with Clinton's and Obama's plan to supply weapons to whoever they wanted to have weapons in Iraq and Syria at the time. Those nebulous and unidentified "moderates" were the ones who "found" a whole convoy of Humvees left for them in the desert and then proceeded to start chopping the heads off of Christians and other non-muslims in the whole region. That was about the same time that Egypt had to fall into the muslim brotherhood's hands as a result of "our" meddling via Hillary's "arab spring" the same "arab spring" that resulted in several radical Islamic takeovers and exactly zero democracies. And the chaos created then allowed the West's importation of hostile muslim ideology en masse to the West Or do I have it wrong?

No clandestine motives or "man behind the curtain" here. But there is a very real MIC, and they have a very direct impact on our foreign policy in more ways that I care to recount. To a significant degree, the motivation is oil and territory, particularly in the middle east.

I knew it would happen.
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

It would be so interesting if ever some real evidence of these 'theories' was found... sure, one can postulate and tie events together in theory... some may even be right... However, without evidence, hard, cold facts, they are nothing more than theories. Cheers, RickO

Is not the email discussed in the OP "evidence?"

• TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,195 ✭✭✭✭✭

FOIA = Hidden Secrets for as long as we shall live. And death is inevitable no matter the cause. Buy a good mystery today. $20 or ten gallons of goat's milk.

HE>I

Jmski, so you do not believe in the OP that Gaddafi was "eliminated" because he was supposedly planning a gold backed currency?

So this is all just mire fake news designed to elicit contempt?

The gold itself is part of the equation. Where is it?

Jmski, so you do not believe in the OP that Gaddafi was "eliminated" because he was supposedly planning a gold backed currency?

I wouldn't rule out gold as one of the motivations. But you would. On what basis would you discount gold as one of the motivations? Lack of a paper trail documenting the transfer? lol.

I knew it would happen.

@jmski52 said:

I wouldn't rule out gold as one of the motivations. But you would. On what basis would you discount gold as one of the motivations? Lack of a paper trail documenting the transfer? lol.

some people are open to possibility, others say "never."

edited June 19, 2017 11:00AM

@jmski52 said:

On the basis that's it's dumb.

One thing I did learn though.....snakes have lots of oil.

What's dumb is accepting paper promises for anything, including oil. Now, point the barrel of a gun to my head, and I'll even accept clamshells.

I knew it would happen.

@jmski52 said:
    What's dumb is accepting paper promises for anything, including oil. Now, point the barrel of a gun to my head, and I'll even accept clamshells.

Yet you have accepted them since the day you were born.

In retrospect, it seems kinda crazy, doesn't it? :)

I knew it would happen.

@jmski52 said:

In retrospect, it seems kinda crazy, doesn't it? :)

Yeah, kinda. We're all crazy. Lol

• oldstandardoldstandard Posts: 387 ✭✭✭

@cohodk said:

That is one family I would not want to be on the bad side you mess with them you disappear I am sure they know Seth rich to bad for him

edited June 22, 2017 9:55AM

That's not quite accurate, until about 1964 I accepted Silver Certificates which guaranteed that I could exchange them for $1 in silver. Since that time, we've all been bamboozled into accepting FRNs.

I knew it would happen.
    edited June 27, 2017 10:10AM

@jmski52 said:

Since that time, we've all been bamboozled into accepting FRNs.

Forced to accept FRNs. I gotta have 'em cause the next guy will only accept them. He's been bamboozled.

@derryb said:

@jmski52 said:

Forced to accept FRNs. I gotta have 'em cause the next guy will only accept them. He's been bamboozled.

So if the next guy only accepts FRNs, who you gonna get to accept your silver?

edited June 27, 2017 2:23PM

@cohodk said:

@derryb said:

@jmski52 said:

So if the next guy only accepts FRNs, who you gonna get to accept your silver?

A different guy that realizes he is being bamboozled to hold dollars.

edited June 28, 2017 2:06AM

I see aliens, dead people and scardey-cats. But most clearly I see the 10 ring.

However, when I want to feel hopeless and lack of confidence, I don these. Oh the darkness. Lol. Also great at finding fishies.

Lovemyrudyproject

• ShadyDaveShadyDave Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭

@oldstandard said:

@cohodk said:

That is one family I would not want to be on the bad side you mess with them you disappear I am sure they know Seth rich to bad for him

His name was Seth Rich;
    His name was Vince Foster; and
    His name was Shawn Lucas.

The hacked email

"This gold was accumulated prior to the current rebellion and was intended to be used to establish a pan-African currency based on the Libyan golden Dinar. This plan was designed to provide the Francophone African Countries with an alternative to the French.franc (CFA). (Source Comment: According to knowledgeable individuals this quantity of gold and silver is valued at more than $7 billion. French intelligence officers discovered this plan shortly after the current rebellion began, and this was one of the factors that influenced President Nicolas Sarkozy's decision to commit France to the attack on Libya."

• TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,195 ✭✭✭✭✭

JFK was a proponent of fiscal responsibility and a gold/silver backed currency. And those are two things that will never happen. Who can prove this is the reason he was assassinated ? Who can refute that he was killed ?

HE>I