Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

CoinNews.net: CCAC to Discuss Fractional Gold, 2019-2020 $1s and Apollo 11 Coins

GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 7, 2017 5:48PM in U.S. Coin Forum

I'm liking the possible fractional American Liberty Gold Coin for 2018 discussion.

CCAC to Discuss Fractional Gold, 2019-2020 $1s and Apollo 11 Coins
by CoinNews.net on June 7, 2017

The Citizens Coinage Advisory Committee (CCAC) will meet Wednesday, June 21, to review and discuss designs for several coins and medals, including those for the 2019-2020 Native American $1 Coins, the 2019 Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Coins, and a WWII Congressional Gold Medal. **The panel will also talk about a possible fractional American Liberty Gold Coin for 2018.**

The CCAC is tasked with advising the Secretary of the Treasury on themes and designs pertaining to all United States coins and medals.

Specific agenda topics up for review and comments include:

Review and Discussion of 2019 Native American $1 Coin Candidate Designs
Review and Discussion of 2020 Native American $1 Coin Candidate Designs
Review and Discussion of Reverse Candidate Designs for the Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Commemorative Coin Program
Review and Discussion of Candidate Designs for the Filipino Veterans of World War II Congressional Gold Medal
Review and Discussion of Candidate Designs for the Office of Strategic Services Congressional Gold Medal
Review and Discussion of a Potential 2018 American Liberty 24-karat Gold Fractional Coin
Discussion and election of jurors for the 2019 Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Commemorative Coin Design Competition

Meeting Time and Options

The meeting begins at 9:30 a.m. and is scheduled to last until 4:45 p.m. (ET). It is opened to interested members of the public, and will be held at:

United States Mint Headquarters
801 9th St. NW
Second Floor Conference Room
Washington, D.C. 20220

The meeting room can accommodate up to 50 members of the public with admittance on a first-come, first-serve basis. All persons entering the Mint’s headquarters must adhere to building security protocol, which includes consenting to the search of their persons and objects when they enter and leave.

Those who cannot attend may also dial in to listen by calling (866) 564-9287 and using Access Code: 62956028. No comments or questions will be taken during the meeting. Dial-in access is "listen only," and phones must be kept on mute to not disturb the discussion.

In addition, anyone interested in submitting ideas for the CCAC’s consideration may fax them to (202) 756-6525.

http://www.coinnews.net/2017/06/07/ccac-to-discuss-fractional-gold-2019-2020-1s-and-apollo-11-coins/

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    dcarrdcarr Posts: 8,025 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the notice.

But what about the 2018 WW1 silver dollar ?
    The US Mint held a design competition for it last year. But there has yet to be any images released, even though the winning design was apparently selected months ago.

• Options

@dcarr said:
    Thanks for the notice.

The US Mint held a design competition for it last year. But there has yet to be any images released, even though the winning design was apparently selected months ago.

Are you submitting a design Dan?

https://www.usmint.gov/news/design-competitions/world-war-i

• Options

@Goldbully said:

@dcarr said:
    Thanks for the notice.

I did, last year.
    I already know that I didn't win.
    The US Mint was supposed to release images of the final design in February.
    But they still have not.

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,991 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dcarr said:

@Goldbully said:

@dcarr said:
    Thanks for the notice.

I did, last year.
    But they still have not.

Will you strike and offer your design, similar to your Baseball commem?

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Design selection by committee.... :( I guess it takes the heat off the top guy. Results are almost always watered down and PC. I just do not agree with committees for everything - delegating responsibility is a cop out. JMO..... Cheers, RickO

• Options

@ricko said:
    Design selection by committee.... :( I guess it takes the heat off the top guy. Results are almost always watered down and PC. I just do not agree with committees for everything - delegating responsibility is a cop out. JMO..... Cheers, RickO

I guess it depends on how big the committee is. How about 2 committee members and a finalizer like the PCGS graders. ;)

• Options

@Zoins said:

@dcarr said:

@Goldbully said:

@dcarr said:
    Thanks for the notice.

I did, last year.
    But they still have not.

Will you strike and offer your design, similar to your Baseball commem?

I already did strike some. I was waiting for the US Mint to release their final design before I offered any.
    I have not released any images of my design, and I don't plan to until the US Mint does.
    I have kept track of my mintages, however (see second section from top):
    moonlightmint.com/dc-coin_dollars_list.htm

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Goldbully ..... How about the Director chooses an artist, the artist submits design(s) and the Director chooses. Done!! Cheers, RickO

• Options

@ricko said:
    @Goldbully ..... How about the Director chooses an artist, the artist submits design(s) and the Director chooses. Done!! Cheers, RickO

Sounds like a great solution RickO.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file