Home Precious Metals

deleted

UnclePennyBagsUnclePennyBags Posts: 327 ✭✭✭
edited June 10, 2017 6:52AM in Precious Metals

deleted

Successful trades.... MichaelDixon,

Comments

• PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,918 ✭✭✭✭✭

So, it has 1.8 ounces of silver. Why the odd weight?

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

• UnclePennyBagsUnclePennyBags Posts: 327 ✭✭✭
    edited June 10, 2017 1:50AM

@cohodk

post away

• BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,056 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like what you'd get if you melted 2 Morgans , a quarter and a Roosie and let them cool to a blob.

theknowitalltroll;
    edited June 10, 2017 1:50AM

deleted to due to a forum member being a jerk

• BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,056 ✭✭✭✭✭

@UnclePennyBags said:

@BAJJERFAN said:
    Looks like what you'd get if you melted 2 Morgans , a quarter and a Roosie and let them cool to a blob.

Pretty much... I don't melt US coins just for the simple reason of I save them in the 90% pile.. most of what I get is just broken jewelry and junk sterling I find at auctions and this one I happened to have a couple 80% Canadian dimes that were barely readable

edited to add if they were melted in a crucible with borax.... without you would have a half melted yucky black blob

How is the borax removed from the cooled silver?

theknowitalltroll;
    edited June 10, 2017 1:51AM

hfhdfhdhdhdhdhdhhd

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting... I have never tried this.... I certainly have some junk silver around... Maybe one cold winter day... :D Cheers, RickO

• ashelandasheland Posts: 23,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,710 ✭✭✭✭✭

shouldn't it say Ag or Silver somewhere?

bob

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
    edited June 10, 2017 1:52AM

fgfgfggf

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,585 ✭✭✭✭✭

try pouring into an ice cube tray (not a plastic one). Silver ice cubes would be kinda neat.

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

edited June 10, 2017 1:52AM

ffff

• bigzesteebigzestee Posts: 129 ✭✭✭

Interesting hobby.What do you use to mark them?

BST references several

edited June 10, 2017 1:53AM

dddgd

• cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why would someone trust that it is actually silver? How will you ever sell this for close to its silver value?

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

edited June 10, 2017 2:28AM

delete

delete

@cohodk said:
    Why would someone trust that it is actually silver? How will you ever sell this for close to its silver value?

Where did you see him trying to sell them? He said that he made them for his own personal enjoyment.

"Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

delete

• ashelandasheland Posts: 23,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 9, 2017 9:32AM

I'll bet they are heavy in hand.

edited June 9, 2017 9:17PM

@UnclePennyBags said:

@cohodk said:

I'll type it out again since you're obviously the type to bash something before reading.

they are for me.... end of story

Lmfao....good luck dumping that on someone else. Everyone has destructive hobbies, this is yours. No biggie. Even I've lost $20 to a G-string. Haha.

This forum really has become a bunch of tight panty wads.

@PerryHall said:

@cohodk said:

Where did you see him trying to sell them? He said that he made them for his own personal enjoyment.

I hope he is enjoying himself...I am. Lol

@cohodk said: Even I've lost $20 to a G-string.

Sounds like you overpaid. Check Amazon next time you buy one.

edited June 10, 2017 7:11AM

deleted

edited June 10, 2017 7:11AM

deleted

I'm done here....... probably get banned from this place if I talk to this POS anymore

edited June 10, 2017 3:48AM

I love this place.

All I asked is who you would sell your blob of (supposed) silver to. I didnt say you had it for sale, or even intended to sell it. But eventually it would fall into the hands of someone, perhaps a loved one, and was just wondering how a value for it would be determined.

With all the talk of fake silver with national branding, I thought this to be a legitimate question.

Too bad you had to take your blob and go home.

• Geckster109Geckster109 Posts: 231 ✭✭✭

Cohodk ruins lots of threads. Its what he does.

• piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭

and NO, I am not this pennybag guy lmao.

To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.

@Geckster109 said:

Unfortunately truth, pragmatism and logic does destroy speculation, ignorance and emotion. Everytime.

edited June 10, 2017 7:10AM

deleted

• VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,856 ✭✭✭✭✭

Let's all get along and have some fun. Life's only temporary.

edited June 10, 2017 5:12AM

@cohodk said:

@Geckster109 said:

Unfortunately truth, pragmatism and logic does destroy speculation, ignorance and emotion. Everytime.

Except of course, none of those things existed in your completely antagonistic approach on this topic. Any refiner in the United States would happily accept and pay out on that silver blob. I just cannot figure out if you were being intentionally obtuse, or genuinely obtuse. Either way, you have once again displayed for all to see your extreme ignorance.

Lol....so I have send that blob to a refiner? Yeah, that's real convenient and cost effective.

How about taking to my local dealer for cash....how much will he pay? No individual (shouldn't say that because there are idiots out there) would ever buy it for melt value. That's all I'm saying. Is that too obtuse for you?

Ohhh, someone blocked me. Haha.

Seems to be snowing more and more in this forum

deleted

@UnclePennyBags said:
    So I can see the ignorant dip**** posted something

Real problem with the internet is you can't split someone's lip when they run their mouth

I would dominate you physically as well as intellectually.

Is embarrassment the reason why you deleted the pics of your blob? I thought it looked quite fine.

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 10, 2017 6:16AM

I have no idea what this all is about but :D

On the other hand I see a problem with the way the new forum works wrt to likes lols agrees disagrees . The flags stay even if the post is edited . A lot of likes and whatnot to posts that have no content anymore.

The posters might want to go back and un do whatever they clicked.

deleted

edited June 10, 2017 6:48AM

Sorry to you go. Maybe come back when you can accept and consider a little critical thinking.

Just a simple question asking about resale value. But you couldn't take it and resort or name calling (which ALWAYS cracks me up due to the psychological reasoning behind it) and then what some may construe as a physical threat. I can guarantee you that I will not be the last person you will meet that will challenge you. I hope you figure it out.

edited June 10, 2017 7:24AM

@UnclePennyBags said:
    I'm just going to delete my account so no worries..... I spent 3 years here as a lurker before i started my account in March.... I will still stop by to search for information but don't feel the need to post here anymore.... Everyone else here I have dealt with it's been a pleasure and wish you the best.....

CoHodk Whoever you are... Keep being an ... you're really good at it

Doesn't seem like you need to delete your account. Just clean up a few words in a few posts and chill for a bit.

edited June 10, 2017 7:27AM

looks like everyone is good now , I went back and trimmed some quoted stuff from my last post.

Doesn't seem like you need to delete your account. Just clean up a few words in a few posts and chill for a bit.

thanks for the encouragement but I don't want to share anything here anymore.... If as noted above this guy is known to disrupt peoples casual conversations then I wan't no part of it.

It seems as if accounts can't be deleted so I just deleted everything I've ever posted and will enjoy reading what others share from time time to time... Once again its been a pleasure... I'm out.

• TomBTomB Posts: 21,110 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had seen the original posts when the thread was new (before anything was deleted) and my opinion is that cohodk did not write anything in his initial post that was out of line. Truly, it appeared to me that he was just asking a pair of practical questions. Since so much has been deleted in the aftermath, I have no idea how the thread blew up so quickly.

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

@TomB said:
    I had seen the original posts when the thread was new (before anything was deleted) and my opinion is that cohodk did not write anything in his initial post that was out of line. Truly, it appeared to me that he was just asking a pair of practical questions. Since so much has been deleted in the aftermath, I have no idea how the thread blew up so quickly.

Well I found Mr. Kelly's wording to be insulting and unneeded..... I'm not going to invest with him over at Charles Schwab.

@UnclePennyBags said:

@TomB said:

Well I found Mr. Kelly's wording to be insulting and unneeded..... I'm not going to invest with him over at Charles Schwab.

Haha

• jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,638 ✭✭✭✭✭

Even I've lost $20 to a G-string.

$20? $20? Geez, that's more than I'd ever have done. Just sayin'

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 10, 2017 1:41PM

It strikes me that cohodk made remarks intended to provoke conversation and/or debate, which is what he often does. I find that more constructive than not, even when I disagree with his point. To delete all posts and decide to delete an account seems a bit dramatic for what was being discussed.

Geckster made some cast silver bars that were primitive but fun for him. If I tried my hand at it, I'm sure my castings would be amateurish, but I don't believe that remarks such as cohodk initially made would bother me one way or the other.

I'd be more concerned if I couldn't express a few basic questions. That seems to be the problem here.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.

@jmski52 said:
    Even I've lost $20 to a G-string.

$20? $20? Geez, that's more than I'd ever have done. Just sayin'

Lol...those g-strings are usually still atrached. Haha

You know Jmski, I have often debated others on this forum when they've said the up and coming generation in this country is weak. I'm beginning to see the err in my ways.

@cohodk said:
    Lol....so I have send that blob to a refiner? Yeah, that's real convenient and cost effective.

No, YOU don't have to do anything at all with the blob as A) its not yours, and B) it was never made available for sale to you.

How about taking to my local dealer for cash....how much will he pay? No individual (shouldn't say that because there are idiots out there) would ever buy it for melt value. That's all I'm saying. Is that too obtuse for you?

Again, its not YOUR bar, so you don't have to worry about how much the local dealer would pay you. If you had been actually paying closer attention to the thread, the TS even clearly stated he was doing this for himself....planned on sending the stuff to a refiner when he hit 100 oz or so.......and was into the silver for pennies on the dollar anyway.