Options
My newest find; 1917 Lincoln 1C DDO?
I have this lady that works at our local market. And she does me well with letting me trade her cash for the day's change.
Yesterday, it was the rare 1952 S Lincoln 1C.
And today, what I believe to be the even more rare 1917 Lincoln 1C DDO. Of course, I'm new to this. So what I 'believe'......don't amount to a penny.




0
Comments
What a crazy coincidence that forum member jonruns found a 1952-s and a 1917 Lincoln cent in a Coinstar machine a few days ago. Posted in the metal detecting forum.
Knowledge is the enemy of fear
It may be the pictures or the wear, but I do not see - conclusively - a DDO.... No doubt you are checking your coins closely though... Good luck, Cheers, RickO
You are a gentleman numismatist, always cheery and helpful, and credit to or hobby. I sure wish I could be more like you.
IMO, PCGS needs a special badge for folks like you here. They could copy the "Numismatic Ambassador" Idea.
@Insider2..... Why thank you sir, I am indeed honored.
Cheers, RickO
For comparison...

@ricko I would have to agree, your insight is hospitable and welcoming.
That is crazy. The other two found, can you tag me in it?
@CoinsAndMoreCoins Yes, dirty coin and pour optics. Very poor.
But I do have my microscope from my college days I use. It's there. I'm very confident. But....could be wrong.
I have went on an in-depth voyage into Machine Doubling v Double Die the past 72 hours.
Olympus Phase Cha, 10x
@CoinsAndMoreCoins
What kind of microscope do you use? I'd like to look into one. Do you have any suggestion about microscopes you care to post?
Just have the old Olympus. Not much of a guru. Studies took a turn for mechanical engineering.
No. My scope was actually pretty severely damaged a few years back. I still have 10x capability. That's about it.
Only kept it around for sentimental reasons before I started this and realized it was in the closet.
I'll upgrade. Now that I've got the coin bug.
As for pictures......a 4pix phone just doesn't cut it in this hobby eh?
Sorry. Single father of a two year old and six year old. Long winded, in-depth writing is not a peach in my home. But I will elaborate with time
And in the meantime take your advice on the optics
Thx
Another 17 DDO for comp

Hey CoinsAndMoreCoins.
Thanks.
That is an old pic I took with a Nikon point and shoot camera.
Someday I'll invest in a good set-up.