Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Was this coin technically one of...

3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 3, 2017 7:12PM in U.S. Coin Forum

..the first 20k coins graded by PCGS? Not that it matters as its not a white label but I am curious if they kept going from 108xxxx on forward? Disclaimer: I bought the holder, but only because the coin is a dog ;)

Edit: to summon @Lakesammman

Comments

  • Options
    cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2, 2017 11:09PM

    I'll confess I don't know a lot about TPG labels and how PCGS assigns serial number sequences, but I see no reason to conclude that a coin with serial number "1097074" was among the first 20,000 coins graded. Where are you getting information that the slabs began with a "108" sequence?

  • Options
    3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2, 2017 11:52PM

    @cameonut2011 said:
    I'll confess I don't know a lot about TPG labels and how PCGS assigns serial number sequences, but I see no reason to conclude that a coin with serial number "1097074" was among the first 20,000 coins graded. Where are you getting information that the slabs began with a "108" sequence?

    http://www.pcgs.com/holders

    White Label was first and PCGS says this on that link:

    "In use for a week or so in mid-February 1986. All white labels are in the 1080000 series. Rare."

  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I do not follow labels or slabs, but the Franklin is nice..... Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file