Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

How Do You Use This Forum?

KellenCoinKellenCoin Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 1, 2017 9:05PM in U.S. Coin Forum

This Forum offers a bunch of different ways of consumption. However, I am curious how you use it personally. I would love comments elaborating on your poll response!

Fan of the Oxford Comma
CCAC Representative of the General Public
2021 Young Numismatist of the Year

How Do You Use This Forum?

Sign in to vote!
This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.

Comments

  • Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 1, 2017 9:45PM

    Check the title lines first and read a couple that catch my interest. I tend to respond to those with less than 20 posts, unless it is a pile on thread then I put on the heat shield and jump in!

  • Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2, 2017 6:38AM

    Great question.

  • Options
    WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 10,395 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I generally respond to the original post

    I always respond to the original post but before I do I read all the other posts first to make sure that my information is new and different and not redundant. I also like, agree, etc. to any and all posts that I feel are witty, make a good impact or are pertinent to the OP.

    Sometimes, it’s better to be LUCKY than good. 🍀 🍺👍

    My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947):

    https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

  • Options
    1Mike11Mike1 Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (Comment below what you do)

    Normally look for posts about copper and try to learn from others opinions as well as give one of my own if I think it will help. I also will respond to the knuckle heads that post trashed coins and type in broken English asking about its value. Those ones bring out the sarcastic side of me, just can't help myself. :/

    "May the silver waves that bear you heavenward be filled with love’s whisperings"

    "A dog breaks your heart only one time and that is when they pass on". Unknown
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (Comment below what you do)

    I read the forum to learn about different types of coins... one's that I collect and series that I do not collect. Current trends and discovery coins are always interesting. Also, there is often some excellent humor to be found in some threads. ;) Cheers, RickO

  • edited June 2, 2017 6:20AM
    This content has been removed.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 45,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (Comment below what you do)

    I look for answers to questions or for questions that seek answers, as it regards US Coins.
    Sometimes I just offer idiotic or silly responses based on how strange the questions are or how irrelevant they seem. I like to have fun with you coin guys/gals too.

    So, like today a fellow called the shop ( I started a thread about fielding questions from a shop a week or so ago seeking thoughts, engagement, etc., and got a little)
    He wanted to know what an '87 Lincoln doubled "D" cent is worth.
    I asked him to send me a pic.
    He texted this

    Practice makes perfect & nobody is perfect. So, practice being nobody.

  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I sure like posts about coins.

  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 38,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I generally go through threads to like/agree/lol/etc comments

    I'm no where near the expert on coins that many here are, so in most cases I refrain from comment. I do try to help when there are questions where I do have knowledge/experience such as ebay, shipping, paypal and modern bullion.

    "Money does not care about speeches on morality. Capital asks whether the rules will remain the same tomorrow. With inflation, people assume price is the problem, and propose regulation—but price is simply the message." - Martin Armstrong

  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 34,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I generally respond to the original post

    i do the original post

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file