Home U.S. Coin Forum

New 1859 Indian Head Cent to Share

msch1manmsch1man Posts: 809 ✭✭✭✭

After spending last night and this morning freaking out a little about this coin's whereabouts (because the Tracking info. said it was Delivered last night at 6:10 pm), this 1859 showed up this afternoon. I've always liked the reverse without the shield and even though I wasn't really looking for one, I decided to go ahead buy it. Seeing it in hand today...I'm glad I did. Just wanted to share - comments/feedback both good and bad welcomed.

Comments

• oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,871 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 1, 2017 5:20AM

Good looking cent! Especially nice for grade (AU55/58?)

Looks like a David Kahn background

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug...
  • lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,885 ✭✭✭✭✭

Excellent choice and a very sweet example! Nice going.

Glad it wasn't lost! Was there a delivery timeframe guarantee for yesterday?
    Lance.

• msch1manmsch1man Posts: 809 ✭✭✭✭

oih82w8 - yes, it was a David Kahn purchase.
    lkeigwin - wasn't any delivery guarantee they would have missed...who knows, just glad it showed up!

• lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,885 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can't go wrong with David Kahn. He has a great eye, loves originality and nice surfaces. He's as honest as they come. Super reliable. Can't say enough nice things about him.

Some day I will get him to correct the color of his images. Your coin looks more like this.
    Lance.

• 1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very respectable Indian Cent :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• GaCoinGuyGaCoinGuy Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

Sweet! What did that one grade, if you don't mind me asking?

imageimage

• msch1manmsch1man Posts: 809 ✭✭✭✭

Lance - totally agree on David Khan...great dealer. Also, your images do capture the actual tan color of the coin a little better.

GaCoinGuy - its in a PCGS AU-58 holder.

• goldengolden Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭✭✭

David is top notch.

• Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great coin for type or a date set.
    I do like Lance's photos better - the pinkish hue in the first photos seemed a bit odd.

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great IHC!

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is a really nice IHC.... would have thought the grade was a tad higher.. Great cent. Cheers, RickO

• LeeBoneLeeBone Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here`s a classic example of how you learn something new everyday...
    Per looking in Coinfacts after seeing the OP...
    "In 1860, the wreath was altered and a small shield was added to the top of the reverse."
    I did not know that the Shield was not included on the 1859 issue.
    That is a very cool looking Indian that you added to your collection.

• thebeavthebeav Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭✭✭

I always liked '59's......I had my eye on a 64 that was on a members website some years back. then the dealer passed away. I can't remember his name but he was well liked.

• david3142david3142 Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭✭✭

Beautiful example. This is exactly the type of coin I'd want for my type set. Now that you've owned it for a bit, wanna sell? :smile:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file