Home U.S. Coin Forum

Case/storage for PCGS Oversized Holder (the one that is about 3.75" x 6")

mercurydimeguymercurydimeguy Posts: 4,625 ✭✭✭✭

I am starting to accumulate a few medals in this smaller oversized holder...no the Jumbo holder...and was wondering if anyone has endeavored to manufacture/sell a case/storage device for these bigger PCGS holders?

I'm trying to figure out what to do withe the medals in this holder and stumped so far...

Comments

• cardinalcardinal Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭✭✭

PCGS sells blue storage boxes that 4-7/8 Deep x 6-3/8 Wide x 4-1/4 High. You can check it out here:

http://pcgs.com/store/p-39-pcgs-storage-box-ii.aspx

• mercurydimeguymercurydimeguy Posts: 4,625 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the heads up @cardinal ... I did buy one of these a little while ago but it's not for the medal style oversized PCGS holder :(

It's for either the thicker normal size holders (they provide you a foam insert for that), or for thinner multi-coin holders (with insert removed), but doesn't fit/hold the oversized holder for medals, etc.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Check http://www.weavercoins.com/...They may have what you are looking for. Cheers, RickO

• cardinalcardinal Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mercurydimeguy said:
    Thanks for the heads up @cardinal ... I did buy one of these a little while ago but it's not for the medal style oversized PCGS holder :(

It's for either the thicker normal size holders (they provide you a foam insert for that), or for thinner multi-coin holders (with insert removed), but doesn't fit/hold the oversized holder for medals, etc.

I know that box is designed for PCGS multi-coin holders, but the dimensions are large enough to contain the 3.75"x6" holders. I do not believe there are any stock boxes that can hold PCGS' medium-sized metal holders, as those holders have varying thickness. I have some medals where the holder is no thicker than a regular PCGS slab for U.S. coins, and I have some medals where the holder is nearly an inch thick. I figure that is why PCGS returns medals in cardboard boxes, instead of the blue plastic boxes.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file