Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Do I get a sticker back on a crossover at the same grade.

BIGAL2749BIGAL2749 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭✭

Given that a phone call to CAC would answer my question but it's Sunday and would also like to hear of members who have gone through the procedure.

I have a high end 1806 quarter in an old NGC holder that months ago got a green sticker. In a discussion I had with JA the following day he brought up the potential of an upgrade from a 64 to 65. Of course would like to have it regarded or at least crossed into a PCGS holder. If it did cross as a 64 I do not want to lose the sticker.
I've read discussions that the submission form would show the NGC # before the cross that I'd send to CAC. Does CAC automatically resticker or do they reevaluate in case PCGS were to injure the coin.

Thanks in advance for information and I'd appreciate hearing of real world experiences from members

Comments

• Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭✭

The current policy at CAC is to have the coin submitted and examined again and to pay the full submission fee for the coin. I had one done last week at CAC that had been in an NGC holder with a CAC sticker and after I crossed it to PCGS I brought it back to CAC where I also supplied the paperwork from PCGS and old cert from NGC. It had to go through the full process as if it were a "new" coin.

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 29, 2017 8:41AM

I've had excellent luck including an observe/reverse slab photo of the coin in the holder with the bean on it. I don't know if this is official CAC policy but it gives them one more reason to re-sticker the coin. It also helps them keep their pop reports straight. You'll still have to pay their evaluation fees.

• Options
    GoldCoin98GoldCoin98 Posts: 403 ✭✭

As others have said it would have to go through again but if JA thought it had upgrade potential I would say getting a sticker back on it would not be a problem

Dozens of BST deals completed, including: kalshacon, cucamongacoin, blu62vette, natetrook, JGNumismatics, Coinshowman, DollarAfterDollar, timbuk3, jimdimmick & many more
  • Options
    slider23slider23 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭✭

I had called CAC about 3 that I crossed from NGC to PCGS with a green sticker. The coins would be treated like a new submission and I would have to pay the $13.50 fee, but to include a photo of each NGC slab and the coins would most likely receive a green sticker.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have never tried this, however, it makes sense to have it go through the process again. It has been out of a slab, handled etc., so really becomes necessary to ensure nothing has changed. JMO... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    panexpoguypanexpoguy Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have always just taped the insert from the old NGC holder onto the new PCGS holder when I submitted it to CAC. All have stickered again.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file