Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

"Not eligible for eBay purchase protection programs"

cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,062 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was scrolling through coins on eBay and for the first time I saw "(Not eligible for eBay purchase protection programs)." What would cause an item to not be covered by eBay purchase protection programs?

Comments

• Options
    BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

Easily found on the Ebay site:

Not covered

Buyer remorse or any reason other than not receiving an item or receiving an item that isn’t as described in the listing (see the seller’s return policy for return options).
    Items damaged during pick-up or shipping or not delivered when the buyer arranges pick-up or shipping of the item (for instance, the buyer arranges freight).
    Duplicate claims through other resolution methods.
    Items shipped to another address after original delivery.
    Vehicles (see eBay Vehicle Protection), Real Estate, Websites & Business for Sale, Classified Ads, services, and some Business Equipment categories (see eBay Business Equipment Purchase Protection).
    Items sold through Sotheby's.
    Items purchased on half.com, eBay Wholesale Deals, or eBay Classifieds.>

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,212 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cameonut2011 said:
    I was scrolling through coins on eBay and for the first time I saw "(Not eligible for eBay purchase protection programs)." What would cause an item to not be covered by eBay purchase protection programs?

link?

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Caveat Emptor .....and use paypal.... ;) Cheers, RickO

• Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 29, 2017 9:59PM

I noticed that yesterday afternoon on my eBay listings so I called eBay and the girl told me I was not the first call on it and it was a programming glitch and she wrote a repair ticket on it.

She said coins should be eligible for purchase protection. I checked several other sellers and they all said not eligible.

I just checked and it is still not fixed. :/

GrandAm :)
  • Options
    BStrauss3BStrauss3 Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭✭✭

This comes up every so often, eBay does not cover coins nor bullion but does cover numismatic items. Maybe. The way it's written is not 100% clear. And there's a gray area between which clearly roll of circulated golden dollars (coins) and an 1853 gold dollar (numismatic or bullion?)

-----Burton
    ANA 50 year/Life Member (now "Emeritus")
  • Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BStrauss3 said:
    This comes up every so often, eBay does not cover coins nor bullion but does cover numismatic items. Maybe. The way it's written is not 100% clear. And there's a gray area between which clearly roll of circulated golden dollars (coins) and an 1853 gold dollar (numismatic or bullion?)

I know this is true for the USPS insurance policy. But eBay's purchase protection program is a totally different program and part of ebay. My understanding is the ebay purchase program has always covered bullion and numismatic items; and buyers can get refunded for nearly any reason. If not... may have to rethink about buying anything on ebay.

----- kj
  • Options
    cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,062 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:

@cameonut2011 said:

link?

I would post it, but the text no longer appears. It appears to have been an eBay glitch.

• Options
    edited May 29, 2017 5:02PM

@cameonut2011 said:

@derryb said:

@cameonut2011 said:

link?

I would post it, but the text no longer appears. It appears to have been an eBay glitch.

still there, I'm seeing it in many categories.

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    Caveat Emptor .....and use paypal.... ;) Cheers, RickO

With a credit card.

• Options

Ebay appears to have corrected the glitch

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list