Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Is Secure Plus more popular for world coins?

ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 28, 2017 11:37PM in U.S. Coin Forum

I've recently been looking at my PCGS coins, both US and world (non-US). One thing that I've noticed is that my US coins are not Secure Plus, even with recent holders, while my world coins are Secure Plus, no matter how wild the toning.

Has anyone else noticed that Secure Plus is more popular with world coins and, if so, any thoughts on why this is the case?

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭✭

I believe that SecurePlus is the only available option for foreign coinage.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    mvs7mvs7 Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭✭✭

@oih82w8 said:
    I believe that SecurePlus is the only available option for foreign coinage.

Except for the Modern tier (1965- ), which can still be submitted as Standard rather than Secure Plus. You will occasionally find older coins in non-Secure slabs because PCGS changed the policy to require Secure Plus on all non-modern world coins only a few years ago.

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good to know. I wonder if PCGS will ever make Secure Plus mandatory for US coins.

• Options
    TopographicOceansTopographicOceans Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭✭

I submitted some Mexico gold coins and the only choice was Secure Plus.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

That reminds me... I have some small Mexican gold that I should get slabbed....Forget the denomination, but real small... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    PaleElfPaleElf Posts: 990 ✭✭✭

I enjoy the TrueView photos, so I submit everything under Secure Plus.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file