Home Metal Detecting

Coinstar finds

jonrunsjonruns Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭✭✭

Two wheats among the lot: 1917 and 1952-S

Comments

• pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭✭✭

is that a 1912 or 17 on the wheat nice variety of pennies

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

When I enlarged the picture, it looks like a '12 PPC... but even then it is not easy to tell... could still be a '17 with a mark on the coin in the right place....need a better picture.
    @jonruns ...You have done much better than I have lately.... been a real long dry spell... and the last was only two zincolns with a long dry spell before that. Cheers, RickO

• jonrunsjonruns Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭✭✭

1917...RickO...suggest you drive up 87 to Saratoga Springs...

Yep... that is not a bad drive ....Cheers, RickO

Yahoo.... Fourteen cents in the Coinstar reject bin yesterday... four zincolns and a dime....not silver... but finally, a break in the long drought.... Cheers, RickO

• 1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

No pics but 3 quarters and 2 dimes at Coinstar in a store that I do not usually frequent :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

Wow....nice find.... odd there were no cents... usually, I always find cents with the larger denomination coins... That is, when I find anything at all.... :( Cheers, RickO

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,412 ✭✭✭✭✭

its nice to see someone getting a few wheats.

Well... I hit a good one today... two quarters, seven dimes and five cents.... all modern.... but it was nice to break the drought.... Cheers, RickO

It's always nice when people leave stuff for us to pickup when they are to lazy to do it themselves. :)

• braddickbraddick Posts: 22,995 ✭✭✭✭✭

@pocketpiececommems said:
    It's always nice when people leave stuff for us to pickup when they are to lazy to do it themselves. :)

Don't think it is people being lazy, just perhaps unaware.

peacockcoins

No doubt some are unaware.... some though think that if the coin is a reject, it is no good. They just leave them there.... Others just don't care. Cheers, RickO

• unknowncomicunknowncomic Posts: 945 ✭✭

ever once in awhile I will put a wheaty in a roll I cash in at the bank.

Molon Labe

And every once in a while, I find one in the 'take a cent, leave a cent' tray at the cash register. Might by your wheaties unknowncomic.... ;) Cheers, RickO

• TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    And every once in a while, I find one in the 'take a cent, leave a cent' tray at the cash register. Might by your wheaties unknowncomic.... ;) Cheers, RickO

I have found a few there.

Frank

BHNC #203

Coinstar find.... one quarter, three dimes, four cents....all modern.... Cheers, RickO

• KollectorKingKollectorKing Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 14, 2017 4:00PM

finally, after several weeks drought, beggars can't be choosy:

I would say that you are observant B)

Yesterday I found four dimes and fourteen cents in the Coinstar reject bin.... all modern except one 1916 Wheatie... In BN and VF35.... Cheers, RickO