Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Singer/Songwriter Rock Legend Gregg Allman has Passed Away

Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 27, 2017 4:09PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Post one more silver dollar for the Midnight Rider!

photo 2-20-130221024x768_zps4c7c3c32.jpg

photo 2-20-130271024x754_zps0771e3df.jpg

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug

Comments

• Options
    JJSingletonJJSingleton Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭✭✭

Definitely saddens me. I'm a huge Allman Brothers fan. :(

Here's an appropriately southern silver dollar.

Joseph J. Singleton - First Superintendent of the U.S. Branch Mint in Dahlonega Georgia

Findley Ridge Collection
    About Findley Ridge

• Options
    Al21Al21 Posts: 330 ✭✭✭

Love his music

Successful BST transactions with WTCG, NH48400, evil empire,
    meltdown, timrutnat, bumanchu, 2ndCharter, rpw, AgBlox, indiananationals, yellowkid, RGJohn, fishteeth, rkfish, Ponyexpress8, kalshacon, Tdec1000, Coinlieutenant, SamByrd, Coppercolor
  • Options
    NysotoNysoto Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 29, 2017 2:30PM

One of the greats, will be missed. "Melissa" is regarded as one of the best songs ever by acoustic guitar players:
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=ggeab0lKz2c

Robert Scot: Engraving Liberty - biography of US Mint's first chief engraver
  • Options
    WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 8,976 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow...that's sad. I listened to him a lot growing up.

So many great ones are leaving. RIP.

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947)

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭✭✭

RIP

• Options
    CyndieChildressCyndieChildress Posts: 429 ✭✭✭

@Walkerfan said:
    Wow...that's sad. I listened to him a lot growing up.

So many great ones are leaving. RIP.

Me too :(

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not a big music fan, but he did have some great songs... sad to see the good ones go.... As we age, we see this a lot .... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

One of the greats.

• Options
    WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 8,976 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just wanted to add----I liked some of the stuff that he did in the late 1980s and early 1990s....particularly 'I'm No Angel' (1987) and 'End of the Line' (1991).

'Ramblin' Man' (1973) was, of course, a classic favorite.

He lived a free and easy, rebel lifestyle and made some GREAT music along the way.

He will certainly be missed.

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947)

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

• Options
    USMarine6USMarine6 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭✭✭

Went to go see the Zac Brown band last night and they did a great cover of the whipping post

• Options
    1TwoBits1TwoBits Posts: 452 ✭✭✭✭

Phil Lesh & friends played Midnight Rider at the Capitol Theater in Port Chester Saturday night, the song with the "one more silver dollar" reference. You might recall Gregg having coins stolen from his home a number of years back.

1TwoBits

Searching for bust quarters.....counterstamps, errors, and AU-MS varieties, please let me know if you can help.
  • Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭✭

two days late...RIP

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file