Home Precious Metals
Options

MCM -- Official (Exclusive (?)) Silver Krugerrand North American Distributor

MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,219 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 26, 2017 3:02AM in Precious Metals

Lesson?

Official does not equal exclusive?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

Comments

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

by unpopular undemand !!!! you thought the gold was ugly so we made a silver version :D

Now with privy marks , the privy mark being a great innovation to ward off intelligent collectors , why be buried at 3$ over spot like an average fool for only a year or two when you can bury yourself at spot + $40 in a hole you will never see sunlight from for decades

• Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭

My dealer got several. They're nice. Everything about them is nice. Nice design, nice finish, nice package.

It's a if Mack Trucks decided to celebrate their 100th anniversary by putting out a sports car and expected their loyal customers to stand in line to buy it.

The SA mint bought into their own hype. Unfortunately, their legacy is pure, powerful, unfussy gold. So about nice silver krugerrand with the nice design and the nice packaging?
    I'd buy one at a buck or two over melt, and throw the packaging away.

We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    PokermandudePokermandude Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭

Official doesn't mean exclusive.

I like everything about them except for the price. That is a stiff premium. Not one I am prepared to pay.

http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am not a fan of Krugerrands... I would certainly take them below melt :D ... but do not stack them. I think the silver is an effort to expand their market... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 26, 2017 11:58AM

But, it does come with a capsule, pouch AND a COA.

ASE proofs are cheaper.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,219 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 26, 2017 1:19PM

they gotta get them from south africa to here via customs. not sure what that is worth.

however, that does hit the price point and make the ASE proof more attractive on a coin v coin basis

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Every time we think he's done, Fonzie puts on his leather jacket and water skis for one more go at it.

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭

They are worth at least $50 each FOREVER.
    Its right there on the coin...

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options

@carew4me said:

The "50" on the coin is not a face value, it is a privy mark to celebrate 50 years of the Krugerrand.

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 29, 2017 6:16AM

Is that a unicorn? PM bugs always talking about unicorns and such, thought maybe this is what they look like. I've never seen one.

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options

@cohodk said:
    Is that a unicorn? PM bugs always talking about unicorns and such, thought maybe this is what they look like. I've never seen one.

Put on your rosy glasses and look in the mirror.

• Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 29, 2017 7:00AM

@derryb said:

@carew4me said:

The "50" on the coin is not a face value, it is a privy mark to celebrate 50 years of the Krugerrand.

[sarcasm] [/sarcasm]
    sigh.

Loves me some shiny!