Home U.S. Coin Forum

Cool Franklin Toner

CascadeChrisCascadeChris Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭✭✭

Recently picked up this wicked Whitman folder letter-transfer toner and thought I'd share. If you haven't seen one of these before it comes from sitting against the inner sheet of the folder for a very long time. I've only seen a few and this is the best one with the most letters and clearest transfer I've come across. Almost looks like they're being projected on the coin. Anyway, if you haven't seen one before now you have. Enjoy

The more you VAM..

Comments

• cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,060 ✭✭✭✭✭

A forum member has a Walking Liberty Half Dollar that complements it well. I hope he chimes in.

• GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 13, 2017 10:06PM

Do you think it would straight grade like that?
    It would be cool to get it in a holder.

GrandAm :)
  • ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,811 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice looking coin with numismatic history right on it!

A TrueView might be nice :)

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CascadeChris.... That is unique... I need to look in some of the old folders I have and see if that has happened to any of mine... they have not been opened in years... Cheers, RickO

• georgiacop50georgiacop50 Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭✭

I have had several Franklins and a Barber half like that straight grade. That's the best I have seen.

• CascadeChrisCascadeChris Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭✭✭

@georgiacop50 said:
    I have had several Franklins and a Barber half like that straight grade. That's the best I have seen.

I figured it would straight grade but are these worth grading? I've only seen a few and haven't bought or sold any before.

The more you VAM..
  • BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

For grins, as long as I had photoshop up anyway, I reversed and enhanced the crap out of it. :D

• clarkbar04clarkbar04 Posts: 4,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 14, 2017 2:34PM

I have an unc 43 Walker kinda like that but not as wordy, ole Ben was a printer but I wonder if he knew there would be printing on his head one day?

Also got an unc red 39 lincoln with some transfer on it.

MS66 taste on an MS63 budget.
  • SkyManSkyMan Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 14, 2017 6:47PM

Really nice transferral. Congrats!!!

Normally I wouldn't post a pic to a post like this, but given that you've got a 1960-D, I figure WTF, here's a 1960 to go with it. Needless to say, mine's nowhere near as good as yours. Anyhow, you can see the letters on the obverse at the 2 o'clock position in the first pic, and at the 3 o'clock position in the second pic, all followed up by the classic 1960 linear pattern on the reverse.

• clarkbar04clarkbar04 Posts: 4,922 ✭✭✭✭✭

Since I'm at my computer now I'll post my walker.

MS66 taste on an MS63 budget.

Update: Just got my Definitive Book on Franklin Half Dollars Back from the factory. Maybe I should have gone with CCG though :lol:

The more you VAM..

@GRANDAM said:
    Do you think it would straight grade like that?
    It would be cool to get it in a holder.

Yes, yes I do ;)

The more you VAM..
  • YouYou Posts: 141 ✭✭✭

@CascadeChris said:
    Update: Just got my Definitive Book on Franklin Half Dollars Back from the factory. Maybe I should have gone with CCG though :lol:

Wasn't getting a Trueview the whole point of grading it?

edited November 20, 2017 10:02PM

@You said:

@CascadeChris said:

Wasn't getting a Trueview the whole point of grading it?

I was planning to but forgot to add it. I'll just have Todd reshoot it, or maybe I'll send it back. It wasn't the reason why I sent it in though. The reason was A} For fun B) & B} To maximize the price if I decide to sell it and to avoid questions of whether it will slab by those who have not seen letter toners, especially one of this caliber. Everything is for sale at the right price :wink:

The more you VAM..
  • oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,867 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hmmm...that Frankie looks familiar. ;)

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug...
  • davewesendavewesen Posts: 5,759 ✭✭✭✭✭

interesting half dollar

• MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool... or should I say looC

• JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,765 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file