Home Metal Detecting
Options

Another Silver For Me Today

pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 13, 2017 8:54PM in Metal Detecting

I can't compete with PCGS69 or Bayard1908 on silver but I did find a 64-D Washington while detecting a high jump area at an older football field. A little over $5 in clad in addition to the silver. Like that white look coming out of the ground:)

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice day... $5 in clad is a good day... and a silver quarter is always nice...They do usually come out looking clean... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

congrats, love that silver.

Frank

BHNC #203

• Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭

Congrats PPC! Always a nice site to see silver. Seems like it's been a while for me since I got a silver quarter. Getting scarcer and scarcer.

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

wtg ppc, congrats :)

• Options

Detected in a little town park after a carnival had been there two weeks ago. About a half hour into the hunt I found a 1908-D Barber dime. Not much more than an inch down. Ended up with $8.25 in change a belt pocket knife and a steel post that the carnival forgot I'm sure the mowers would not like to find that :'(

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow... I am reasonably certain that Barber dime did not get dropped at the carnival... at least not that one... :D Nice find and good bit of change. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    Bayard1908Bayard1908 Posts: 3,986 ✭✭✭✭

That's a great old find. What sort of machine are you using? It seems like you get onto some old sites. I wonder if maybe your machine just doesn't go deep enough to find the old silver at your sites. Almost all of the silver coins I find are at least six inches deep.

• Options

I use a Fisher CZ70 pro. I Use the preset mode and don't use the head sets

• Options
    Bayard1908Bayard1908 Posts: 3,986 ✭✭✭✭

I've used a CZ3D and a CZ-5. All the CZ machines have a good reputation for depth. I do recommend headphones for hearing the faint deep signals though.

• Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bayard1908 said:
    I've used a CZ3D and a CZ-5. All the CZ machines have a good reputation for depth. I do recommend headphones for hearing the faint deep signals though.

also, important, this way people will leave you alone.

Frank

BHNC #203