Home U.S. Coin Forum

Bought the holder

mt_mslamt_msla Posts: 815 ✭✭✭✭

And it's in great shape! (Saving it, not going to use it.)

What's the oldest Dansco album you've seen / own?

Insert witicism here. [ xxx ]

Comments

• oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 8, 2017 11:44AM

It looks like a folder (one side visible) instead of album (both sides visible), 1959 printing.

30 cents at Mitchells. Heck of a deal!

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug...
  • mt_mslamt_msla Posts: 815 ✭✭✭✭

Both sides would be visible except for the sales page in the center. It lays flat.

• AmazonXAmazonX Posts: 680 ✭✭✭✭

It looks brand new. Nice score. Are you going to put some coins in it, or keep it as it is?

• ashelandasheland Posts: 22,612 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's cool!

• mt_mslamt_msla Posts: 815 ✭✭✭✭

Thinking of reselling it later. Does look brand new. Not going to put anything in it.

• WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 8,897 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice vintage album. Looks to be in mint condition.

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947)

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

• Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,115 ✭✭✭✭✭

Neat find!

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • abcde12345abcde12345 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭

These are fun. I don't blame you for not wanting to use it. Cool though to find one in just excellent condition and put together a set of circulated Indian cents. Would make a neat display.

• coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,471 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is Dansco's very first generation of coin storage. Whatever your intentions for it, leave the store price sticker on it. Aside from adding some history to it, you'll only damage the page if you try to remove it.

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

The next generation of Dansco folder was a glossy dark brown, with gold embossed lettering.

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon

• 1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice display piece :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow... that looks like it is in mint condition.... great find... Auction? Yard sale? Coin shop? Yep, I would keep it as is.... Cheers, RickO

• Peace_dollar88Peace_dollar88 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭✭✭

WOW! Looks brand new!

• topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

I remember those Dansco folders. Never had any.

I did have the first ...or one of the first....looseleaf slide types.

Red with bordered pages and a parchment texture.

I also had a Hong Kong type set and the pages were covered in a red fabric texture.
    THAT was very cool B)

• topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

These are some of the coins that resided in that red Dansco.

• lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭

I never knew that Dansco = "Daniel Stamp Company" until just now.

Neat nostalgia.

I came up in the blue Whitman Classic era.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • TopographicOceansTopographicOceans Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭✭

wow - Great find

• ArizonaRareCoinsArizonaRareCoins Posts: 679 ✭✭✭✭

@lordmarcovan said:
    I never knew that Dansco = "Daniel Stamp Company" until just now.

Thanks for pointing that out.....I actually missed that.

The Dansco Company is in it's 3rd generation of family ownership. The current generation has had some difficulty with maintaining a smooth level of operation, but there is some optimism that they are slowly getting that situation resolved. That has been evidenced by the long absence of the U.S. Type album (7070) and the recent resumption of production of it.

• carabonnaircarabonnair Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here's one I haven't done much with in years. When I got it, it had an altered 1944-D in the 1914-D slot.

• crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,776 ✭✭✭✭✭

I also have quite a few old coin albums. I find them interesting and collectible .

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

Of note they referred to the IHC/Lincoln cents as pennys.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file